Scope and General Purpose:
To greet and seat customers.
To provide quality service to guests and visitors.
To provide courteous and friendly guest service.
To maintain or exceed the high standards of the hotel.
Limits of Authority:
As established by Restaurant Manager
- Assist in providing excellent dining service to customers in a courteous, professional manner, meeting or exceeding their expectations.
- Knowledge of menu and wine listings.
- To be familiar with menu ingredients and composition.
- To greet the customer in a friendly and professional manner.
- Assist with the delivery of beverages when not busy.
- Keep host area, high chairs and boosters clean.
- Assist with coat check tickets
- Arrange, maintain and update table seating charts.
- Ensure that any delayed seating is comfortably situated in waiting area, lobby or bar.
- Ensure beverage delivery to any guests waiting.
- Upon departure, acknowledge customer in positive friendly manner.
- Be aware of VIP arrivals and inform wait staff.
- Ensure adequate supply of menus, replacing those that are not up to established standards, clean menus.
- Answer phone and take dining reservations in courteous and professional manner.
- Use a clear, professional and courteous tone
- To prepare coffee or other items as established.
- Assist cleaning tables, if requested.
- Assume all duties of Waiter, Busperson or Cocktail Waiter, in their absence.
- Cross train as Waiter and Cocktail Waiter.
- Be knowledgeable of safety and emergency procedures and observe safety precautions required to protect hotel and guest property.
- Turn in all lost and found items to Housekeeping.
- Report any maintenance deficiencies timely.
- Proper use of the time reporting system.
- Report any work related injuries to Restaurant manager or Human Resources.
- Be courteous and helpful to all customers.
- To attend to customer complaints quickly and satisfactorily.
- To be continually aware of, and maintain, the highest standards of personal hygiene and dress.
- Have general knowledge of Vail & Beaver Creek Ski Mountains and the Vail Valley.
- Any other tasks as requested by Restaurant Manager.
Essential Job Functions:.
- To speak and read English, bi-lingual helpful.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to within normal range.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- To be available to work evening, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to stand or walk for 8 hours per shift.
- Ability to bend, stretch, stoop and squat as needed.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to push up to 70 pounds.
Pay: from $12/hour
Job Status: Full Time