Host/Hostess- Winter Seasonal
Responsible for warmly greeting, seating and wishing a proper farewell to guests while providing high quality service in a courteous and friendly manner and maintaining or exceeding the high standards of the hotel.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Recognize and greet guests upon arrival in a warm and friendly fashion, utilizing guest name as often as possible.
• Guide guests through the dining room, answering all relevant questions about the restaurant and resort.
• Seat guests in appropriate tables and areas of the restaurant and provide chair assistance; pour initial water or take initial drink orders as needed to ensure optimal speed of service.
• Provide patrons with accurate wait time estimates during busy periods, ensuring they have a comfortable environment to wait in.
• Ensure all menus are well stocked, unsoiled, and current.
• Assists with movement of tables, chairs and other dining room furniture to meet or exceed all guest standards and accommodate all parties, including groups with special needs.
• May be called upon to assume all duties of expediter or busser, such as assist with delivery of food or clean, clear and reset tables to restaurant standards to ensure optimal speed of service.
• Rotate seating between different stations/sections to ensure even workloads for wait staff.
• Monitor dining rooms for seating availability, keeping reservation systems updated and accurate before, during and after service.
• Answer telephone using appropriate etiquette and take reservations accurately and efficiently, while being able to answer questions about the resort, area, parking, menu, etc.
• Offer a warm and friendly departure to all guests, wishing them back as they exit the restaurant
• As initial point of contact, adheres to grooming and appearance standards and maintains a constant, professional appearance as well as a neat, organized entrance and front of house environment.
• Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go
• Assist with opening/closing tasks and side work as needed.
• Ensures sidebar stations are adequately stocked with replacement cutlery, linen,
glassware and other established needs.
• Complies with all health and safety regulations required by the hotel, state and
• Performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
• Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers
by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
• Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and
staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace
Skills / Requirements
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; AND one (1) year of food and beverage service experience; OR an
equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
• Food and beverage products, menus, promotions, garnishes, contents and
• Policies and procedures of the department.
• Customer service principles and practices.
• Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
• Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic,
ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
• Focusing on quests and provision of quality customer service.
• Serving customers efficiently and effectively.
• Maintaining appropriate inventory of supplies and materials.
• Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
• Maintaining a respectful, cheerful attitude and demeanor in high-demand, high-stress
• Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
• Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals,
objectives and activities.
• Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic
and cultural backgrounds.
Pay: from $12/hour
Job Status: Full Time, Part Time, Seasonal