Guest Services Manager
Timbers Resorts is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Resorts is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
To provide supervision and direction to Front Office staff to ensure proper completion of all required tasks in a courteous and friendly atmosphere. Assist with guest and visitors as necessary to maintain or exceed the high standards of the hotel.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop thorough knowledge of entire property.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Identify guest needs and provide information regarding policies, services and amenities.
- Check guests into and out of hotel in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ensure all Front of House and Housekeeping operations are flowing smoothly and effectively.
- Prepare and conduct all Guest Services interviews and follow hiring procedures as outlined by Human Resources.
- Train all Front Desk, Concierge, Overnight, Bell Staff and PBX staff in Springer Miller System and to hotel standards.
- Motivate, coach, council and discipline all Front Office personnel.
- Assist with development of employee morale.
- Thorough knowledge of Springer Miller hotel system.
- Use suggestive selling skills and company sales guidelines to maximize revenue and occupancy levels.
- Knowledge of room details as well as rates, packages, discounts and group package plans in order to process reservation requests or cancellations if needed.
- Be knowledgeable on a daily basis of group reservations and activities on and off site.
- Perform all tasks as needed that are listed in the Front Desk, Concierge, Overnight, Bell Staff and PBX job descriptions.
- Maintain key control system.
- Oversee and assist with charges and payments to guest, club owner and house accounts.
- Oversee and assist with the balancing of the Front Office cash drawers.
- Authorize and sign Paid Outs.
- Oversee and review shift reports.
- Coordinate Bell Staff activities as needed.
- Knowledge in operating key, phone, internet and other systems as needed.
- Manage logistics of large check-ins and check-outs.
- Hard-block special requests as needed.
- Assist and supervise Front Office agents with daily duties
- Ensure Front Office is clean and tidy.
- To follow up with customer complaints to ensure completion to established standards Inventory, replenish or requisition any supplies needed.
- Respond to all guest requests, problems, complaints and/or accidents presented at the Front Office, comment cards, letters and/or phone calls, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Ensure processing of hotel wake up program.
- Be knowledgeable of safety and emergency procedures and observe safety precautions required to protect hotel and guest property.
- Ensure the logging and delivery of al messages, packages and mail in a timely and professional manner.
- Oversee safe deposit box procedure.
- Turn in all lost and found items to Housekeeping.
- Report any maintenance deficiencies timely.
- Proper use of the time reporting system.
- Operate radios efficiently and professionally in communicating with hotel staff. Ensure the proper use of radio etiquette within the department.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers, employees and other departments.
- Work closely with Housekeeping regarding daily room status.
- Keep communication to Housekeeping open concerning early/late guests, VIP’s and group activity.
- Have a clean and neat appearance.
- To assist with the selection of front office, night audit and security staff members and maintain effective communications within the department.
- To assist with staff coaching, training and development so they are able to perform their duties effectively to the standards of Timbers Kauai.
- To complete in a timely and accurate manner all biweekly payroll for applicable staff members.
- Timely completion and posting of staff scheduling.
- Complete and document all work related injuries, incidents and report to the Human Resources office.
- Assist with timely counselling sessions and annual staff performance appraisals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
- Two (2) to three (3) years previous hotel experience or related experience.
- Current valid driver’s license required.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Applicable laws, codes and regulations.
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to give attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- To be available to work evenings, weekends or holidays.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in work processing, spreadsheets and hotel information systems.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Status: Full Time