Guest Services Agent - Steamboat Springs, CO
Come join our fun, professional guest services/front desk team! This position is summer seasonal.
Responsible for providing a variety of duties related to Guest Services. Front Desk services are handled in a friendly, efficient, and professional manner. Able to answer all Owner & Guests questions and concerns. Must have knowledge of Steamboat area and the property. Front Desk Agent focuses on building relationships with our Owner, Members, and Guests.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Nothing restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Answer telephones politely with “absolutely” attitude.
- Book reservations for activities/transportation/dining requests/or owner, member, and guest needs. Follow up with requests in a timely manner.
- Perform Check in and Check out services efficiently.
- Always use owners/members/guests’ names when meeting, answering questions, making deliveries, greeting, or assisting owners/members/guests in any way.
- Use the computer system for concierge reservations, reports, billing, emailing and activity scheduling.
- Prepare & deliver arrival/departure reports.
- Create and deliver Arrival packet information for Owners & Guests.
- Prepare arrival documentation and policies; send, track and ensure all information for Guests & Owners are correct.
- Ensure Owner and Guest billing is correct upon departure and that billing and departure information is delivered the night prior.
- Track and bill Residence Passes.
- Maintain general cleanliness throughout lobby and entryway and members gathering area, vacuum carpets, clean windows, dust, etc. when needed or if housekeeping needs assistance.
- Tour guests through the building and residences, pointing out and explaining amenities, Christy Sports and Truffle Pig and other commercial businesses within the property.
- Ensure Front Desk is stocked with amenities and required forms/policies/agreements.
- Assist in preparing and checking on coffee and breakfast set up periodically during the morning.
- Assist in completing seasonal FD inventories/projects, winter & summer.
- Assist in monitoring Après Ski during winter.
Skills / Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma/GED; 1-3 years of relevant experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Required Knowledge and Skills
- All other Timbers Properties, the Reciprocity Program, and the Timbers Collection.
- The local flight service options and redirected flight options and transportation possibilities.
- Understand the differences in WO, OPVW, SN, SA, TRP, VIP, and GVP stays and the billing for each.
- Knowledge of the services and amenities available for different stay types
- Restaurants, activities, and events in and around Steamboat Springs.
- Be familiar with Residence supplies and amenities.
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Understand variety of information pertaining to the resort and the area we serve
- Being familiar with computers and computer related software such as Opera, ALICE, Microsoft Outlook, and the internet.
- Attention to detail, filing emails correctly, and flagging important information, keep owner requests organized and complete in a timely manner.
- Determining the nature of a visitors needs and recommending appropriate actions or solutions.
- Proper business English, including spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Speaking English effectively to communicate over the telephone.
- Resolving varied owner/guest issues, concerns and requirements.
- Interfacing with resort staff to ensure that owner’s/guest’s needs are met in a satisfactory manner.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- In all situations demonstrate Character, Courtesy, Calm and Charm.
- Communication; written and verbal.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Must rarely lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
- Must be able to continually to sit for period of times at the computer/phone
- Be able to work alone for long periods with efficiency and productively
- Must be able to walk and stand throughout 8-hour shift of time to perform duties
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Must be able to grasp, write, use repetitive motion, listen and hear
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision; distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Must be able to multi-task under fast paced environment.
Pay: $16.75 to $17.75/hour
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time,Seasonal