Guest Relations Manager - Vail, CO
Responsible for supervising and coordinating activities and staff of the Front Office and PBX ensure proper completion of all required tasks in a courteous and friendly atmosphere; assists guests and owners to maintain and exceed The Sebastian Vail standards and driving financial performance.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides input for planning, organizing, scheduling, provides feedback for reviews and helps evaluate the work of assigned staff.
- Identify owner and guest needs and provide information regarding policies, services and amenities.
- Facilitates the implementation of Front Office goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards for the department; manages to assigned budget.
- Assists the selection, training, professional development and discipline of staff.
- Develops, implements and oversees the execution of service standards.
- Identifies guest needs and provides information regarding policies, services and amenities.
- Ensure all assigned operations are operating in an effective and efficient manner, acts in the capacity of MOD when direct reports are off property.
- Utilizes suggestive selling skills and company sales guidelines to maximize revenue, use of facilities, and occupancy levels.
- Maintains knowledge of room details as well as rates, packages, discounts and group package plans in order to process reservation requests or cancellations if needed.
- Maintains awareness of group reservations and activities on and off site.
- Performs all Front Office and PBX duties as required.
- Assists with reviewing shift and time card reports when covering for Front Office leaders only
- Assists with managing the logistics of large check-ins and check-outs coordinating with Front office leaders and housekeeping to execute flawlessly and meet all guests and owners requests and needs pre -arrival.
- Assists front desk area is maintained in a clean and tidy manner and all assigned employees are in compliance with grooming standards.
- Maintains accounting of lost & found items and forwards to Housekeeping.
- Facilitates nightly MOD reporting and opportunity logs and ensures all are filed and communicated appropriately and timely.
- Ensures all guests and owners notes are entered in SMS.
- Assists with supervising of daily Front office and PBX call logs and Daily reports
- Assists transportation program with third-party transportation companies and assist owners and guest with reservation ensure appropriate follow through and communication.
- Assists grocery delivery program with local grocery vendors and assists with facilitating delivery.
- Assists with maintaining the required supply inventory; replenishes or requisitions any supplies needed.
- Assists with proper processing of hotel wake-up call program.
- Ensures adherence to safety and emergency procedures and observes safety precautions required to protect hotel and guest property as well as meeting and implementing energy and sustainable conservation efforts.
- Assists overseeing safe deposit box operations.
- Notifies engineering of areas needing attention in respect of maintenance.
- Resolves customer complaints/queries satisfactorily while maintaining a courteous and helpful demeanor.
- Leads all department and interdepartmental communications.
- Assists with all information necessary for budgeting purposes annually, seasonally or quarterly as requested.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
- Provides support to the valet/bell team by assisting with parking/retrieving vehicles, ensuring proper labeling of luggage and vehicles, and providing shuttle rides to guests if needed
- Ensures accurate delivery and storage of Residence Club bins on owner arrival days and delegates to valet/bell team.
Skills / Requirements
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in hotel management or a related field; AND two (2) years of hotel operations experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
Must have a Valid Driver’s License and be in good standing to drive guest and company vehicles.
- Principles and practices of employee supervision, including selection, work planning, organization, performance review and evaluation, and employee training and discipline.
- Vail & Beaver Creek Ski Mountains and the Vail Valley.
- Principles, practices and techniques of the hospitality industry.
- Computer software applications in work processing, spreadsheets and hotel information systems (SMS).
- Policies and procedures of the department and company.
- Inventory and record keeping principles and practices.
- Customer service principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Planning, organizing, supervising, reviewing and evaluating the work of staff.
- Training others in policies and procedures related to the work.
- Performing budgeting and accounting functions for assigned operations.
- Efficiently and effectively performing front office operations management duties.
- Focusing on quests and provision of quality customer service.
- Making accurate arithmetic calculations.
- Reading, understanding and following reservation policies and procedures.
- Producing standard written communication and reports.
- Maintaining appropriate inventory of supplies and materials.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Mobility to work in a food service setting, use standard kitchen equipment; stamina to stand for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 50 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Pay: $45,000 to $50,000/year
Job Status: Full Time