Group Rooms Coordinator - Vail, CO
Responsible for completing all Group Rooms Coordinator tasks in support of Group Sales and Conference Services; perform a variety of duties related to property reservations; responds to communications from guests, travel agents, and referral networks concerning reservations for the Sebastian – Vail and other Timbers Resorts Properties as needed; creates and maintains reservation records and promptly processes any cancellations and modifications.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Handle property reservation calls and emails when necessary to provide optimal customer service.
- Maintain accuracy of group blocks in Delphi and SMS including cutoff date, room pick up, room type, suite blocks, rates etc.
- Ensure accurate set up for billing set-up for accurate billing.
- Identify, block and process staff and VIP and comp room reservations with each group.
- Ensure appropriate inventory and information is available for individual call-in groups via all designated booking channels.
- Set up and maintain master file for each group with pertinent information, including but not limited to approved changes applied to the group and documented conversations with clients, convention service managers and sales manager.
- Monitor group pick up, cut-off dates, rate, and room type availability to maximize hotel revenues and client/guest satisfaction.
- Audit all assigned group blocks, room rates and concessions against PMS per contract once group has turned definite.
- Actively participate in Group hand-over from Sales Managers upon execution of contracts.
- Ensure that blocks entered are consistent with pattern for group and that room type blocks flow for duration of the block.
- Update as necessary as group rooms pick-up and/or cut-off date has been reached.
- Seek approval for additional rooms beyond contracted block as needed.
- Communicate details with Conference Services Manager and meeting contact.
- Facilitate rooming list entry.
- Ensure all appropriate information is available and communicated to Timbers Winter Park Reservations for individual call in groups.
- Review rooming lists for accuracy of information, format and billing requirements.
- Identify, process and block rooms for staff and VIP lists as necessary.
- Facilitate special requests in SMS and/or using Alice as well as direct property communication.
- Communicate with management team as necessary.
- Facilitate consumption of any complimentary rooms or other contractual room requirements (e.g. complimentary upgrades) and communicate with all appropriate departments (Accounting, Front Office, etc.).
- Serve as liaison with accounting department to ensure all billing requests are configured and executed as necessary.
- Prepare all necessary reports and for each hotel’s Resume meetings – be prepared to discuss pickup and trending of groups during meeting.
- Communicate effectively and in a timely manner to internal Revenue Management and CS teams any information received that could impact the performance of each group.
- Participate in Pre-Convention meetings scheduled by the Conference Services Manager.
- Processes reservations by mail, telephone, fax or central reservation systems referral; processes reservations from the sales office, other departments, and travel agents; creates and maintains reservations records; prepares and distributes notifications of confirmation; processes advance deposits on reservations.
- Maintains awareness of the type of rooms available as well as their location and layout; updates availability in the reservations system.
- Maintains awareness of the selling status, rates, and benefits of all packages plans; communicates policy on guaranteed reservations and no-shows.
- Maintains awareness of the credit policy and how to code each reservation.
- Communicates reservation information to the front desk.
- Processes cancellations and modifications and promptly relays this information to the front desk.
- Tracks future room availabilities on the basis of reservations.
- Prepares expected arrival list for front office use.
- Assists in preregistration activities as required.
- Responds to inquiries and makes reservations as needed.
- Maintains accurate records and files related to the areas of assignment.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a work team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; AND two (2) year hotel Reservations or Front Office experience
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Relevant experience in Reservations and/or Front Desk operations experience a plus.
- Desire to participate as part of a team.
- Comprehension of the reservation sales process and excellent understanding of the group sales/convention services process.
- Analytical approach to problem solving and ability to “think outside the box”.
- Strong attention to detail and hands-on.
- Requires excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform well under pressure and multi-task.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to execute tasks independently and efficiently.
- Must possess computer skills and detailed knowledge of various computer programs including, but not limited to, SMS, Delphi, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in an office setting and use standard office equipment; stamina to sit for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 20 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Job Status: Full Time