Golf Shop Attendant (on-call)
Responsible for cashiering, selling and handling all aspects of merchandising, handling incoming phone calls and golf reservations.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide a high level of service to guests and co-workers.
- Display a professional appearance and attitude, and remain courteous to guests and fellow associates at all times.
- Perform cashiering functions to include posting all charges to appropriate accounts; accurate completion of banking reports, money and credit card transactions. Ensure compliance with cash handling and cash overages and shortage policies.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sales systems.
- Collect and record guest data in the tee sheet database.
- Remain in close contact with starters and outside services for any changes to tee sheets.
- Display merchandise in a neat, eye-appealing manner. Restock items as necessary.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrate courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; promote a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
- Other similar duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma/GED, AND previous cashiering, retailing experience and guest service experience.
Licenses and/or Certifications:
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Game of golf and/or golf course operations.
- Applicable laws, codes and regulations.
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Pay: from $16.39/hour
Job Status: On Call