Golf Cart Starter (On-call)
Responsible for greeting golfers and monitoring start of play on the golf course in a timely and organized manner. Ensures golfers are advised of course playing conditions, restrictions, etc. Perform all duties in a professional and courteous manner.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Display a professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Monitors start of players by designated tee times in a timely and organized manner.
- Pair and start golfers to maximize all golfers’ experience.
- Communicates course conditions and status of players to golf shop, rangers, golf management staff.
- Inform golfers of current days playing conditions or other necessary information.
- Set up and maintain range balls, hitting stations, shipping and putting and all practice areas during the day.
- Oversees and organizes practice facilities.
- Communicate with ranger, golf shop and Manager on Duty regarding any groups which may need special assistance or may present challenges on the course.
- Assist with all emergencies on the golf course.
- Assist with tournament preparation as requested.
- Perform other duties as requested by management in accordance with CBA.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as required.
- Support safe work habits and a safe working environment at all times.
- Ability to come to work regularly and on time, to follow directions, to take criticism, to get along with co-workers and supervisors, to treat co-workers, supervisors and guests with respect and courtesy, and to refrain from abusive, insubordinate and/or violent behavior.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma/GED, AND two (2) years of work in golf course customer service capacity; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Licenses and/or Certifications:
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record as defined by insurance carrier.
- CPR and First Aid certification, or obtained within 6 months of employment.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Game of golf and/or golf course operations.
- Applicable laws, codes and regulations.
- Safety principles, practices and equipment related to the work.
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Safely using equipment related to the work.
- Maintaining accurate records of work performed.
- Reading and interpreting manuals, instructions, and labels.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in an on course golf customer service setting; agility to use typical trade equipment, stamina to sit, stand, stoop, bend, reach, and walk for an extended periods of time; strength to lift and maneuver materials and equipment weighing up to 40 pounds with proper equipment; specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus and vision to read printed materials; and hearing and speech to communicate in person or over a radio or telephone.
Work may be subject to exposure to extreme weather conditions and vibration. Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. In addition, associate may be required to perform essential duty during inclement weather. Majority of work is performed outdoors.
Pay: from $16.64/hour
Job Status: On Call