General Manager -Timbers Kauai
Timbers Resorts is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Resorts is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
Responsible for overseeing all aspects of Property Management in accordance with Company mission statement, including maximization of financial performance, guest satisfaction, and staff development within established quality standards; responsible for the hiring, training and discipline of all club staff.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plans, organizes, administers, reviews and evaluates the work of assigned staff.
- Develops and directs the implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards for the club; approves and oversees management of the budget.
- Oversees the selection, training, professional development and discipline of staff.
- Directs the conduct of analytical studies; develops and reviews reports of findings, alternatives and recommendations.
- Works closely with the Association’s Board of Directors to determine appropriate organizational strategies, goals and objectives.
- Directs the implementation of the corporation’s plans and programs as a strategic partner; evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies.
- Ensures that the club’s service and quality standards are communicated, understood, achieved and maintained by club staff.
- Creates an operating environment that assures consistent owner and guest satisfaction.
- Monitors the performance of the club through verification and analysis of owner and guest satisfaction systems and financial reports; initiates corrective action as required.
- Maintains product and service quality standards by conducting ongoing evaluations and investigating complaints/issues; ensures appropriate corrective action.
- Develops accurate long and short-range financial objectives; directs the preparation of financial reports for management that clearly explain operational effectiveness, trends and variances.
- Establishes and maintains a pro-active human resource function to ensure employee motivation, training and development, wage and benefits administration, and compliance with established labor regulations.
- Maintains landscaping standards and seasonal application schedule.
- Maintains an appropriate level of community public affairs involvement.
- Executes marketing, sales, and operational activities, producing results that meet or exceed the club’s business plan.
- Ensures adherence to safety and security practices for the protection of staff, owners and guests.
- Maintains up-to-date emergency response plan for the property.
- Establishes and maintains applicable preventive maintenance programs to protect the physical assets of the club.
- Maintains currency on government regulations affecting club’s operations, ensuring that the club is operated in compliance with all applicable laws, ordinances, regulations, and requirements of any federal, state or municipal authority.
- Interacts with the general public, industry professionals, customers, employees, union and government officials with tact and courtesy.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Skills / Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, or a related field; AND ten (10) years of hospitality operations management experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Principles, practices and techniques of community association and club management.
- Administrative principles and practices, including goal setting, program development, implementation and evaluation, and the management of employees.
- Principles and practices of developing teams, motivating employees and managing in a team environment.
- Principles and practices of budget development, administration, and financial investment strategy.
- Food and beverage operations.
- Computer applications related to the work.
- Practices, techniques and capabilities of marketing.
- Records management principles and practices.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Principles and techniques of making effective oral presentations.
- Proper Board meeting etiquette and Robert’s Rules of Order.
- Real estate, title and escrow, and the function of outside brokerages.
- Governmental statutory requirements (State and Local).
- General knowledge of information technology (IT) structure and practices.
- Legal action as it pertains to foreclosure process and other association governance.
- Planning, organizing, supervising, reviewing and evaluating the work of staff.
- Training others in policies and procedures related to the work.
- Managing multiple projects and programs.
- Planning, organizing and administering comprehensive sales and marketing programs.
- Developing and implementing goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards.
- Developing effective work teams and motivating individuals to meet goals and objectives and provide customer services in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
- Preparing clear and concise reports, correspondence and other written materials.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within general policy guidelines.
- Using tact, discretion and prudence in dealing with those contacted in the course of the work.
Job Status: Full Time