Front Desk Supervisor
Timbers Resorts is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Resorts is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
Responsible for assisting with the supervision and coordinating activities and staff of the Front Desk and Concierge to ensure proper completion of all required tasks in a courteous and friendly atmosphere. Responsible for assisting residence club owners and visitors with dining reservations and recommendations, coordinating transportation, and recommendations/assistance with recreational activities, and assisting with check in and out of residences in a courteous and professional manner while exceeding the high standards of the resort.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist with scheduling, training and oversight of the work of assigned staff
- Ensure adherence to established service standards
- Identifies guest needs and provides information regarding policies, services and amenities.
- Manages Front Desk team members ensuring they are following Timbers Kauai operating procedures
- Responsible for the training and continued support of Front Desk team members
- Trains Front Desk team members on the use and functions of ALICE
- Performs with confidence all front desk tasks and duties
- Maintains updated contact lists for the property
- Keeps necessary paperwork stocked and available for front desk operations (i.e. forms, waivers, etc)
- Serves as a liaison for the various departments, ensuring information about events and happenings on property are readily available for Front Desk team members to speak to
- Trains the Front Desk team in executing arrival and departure SOPs, supporting the operations of the property
- Updates the Weekly Events calendar and connects with all outlets/departments to ensure accuracy
- Understand all uses and functions of SMS in the Front Desk operations; be available to train and support Desk Team members
- Develop and maintain relationships with local vendors, contractors, and outlets
- Communicates Front Desk operational needs to the various internal departments
- Oversee and assists with charges and payments to guest, club owner and house accounts
- Oversee and assists with the balancing of the Front Desk cash drawers
- Ensures maintenance of required supply inventory; replenishes or requisitions any supplies needed
- Ensure proper processing of resort wake-up call
- Ensure adherence to safety and emergency procedures and observes safety precautions required to protect resort and guest property as well as meeting and implementing energy and sustainable conservation efforts
- Notifies engineering of areas needing attention to respect of maintenance
- Be yourself and care genuinely about each interaction you have. Nothing is more important than the moment you are in with each owner/guest.
- Answer telephones with enthusiasm. Understand the telephone system and be able to transfer calls/deal with situations as they arise.
- Must always speak and carry yourself in a professional manner.
- Make reservations for activities/transportation/dining requests/or owner, member and guest needs.
- Have knowledge of itineraries given to owners and guests for activities.
- Be able to record and log information timely and accurately.
- Be able to communicate efficiently with each department and follow each department’s rules and procedures.
- Use and understand the computer system for concierge reservations, reports, billing, emailing and activity scheduling.
- Prepare arrival and departure reports and arrival packet information for guest visits.
- Be detail orientated and follow through or complete each task set or started.
- Have knowledge of all other Timbers Properties, the Reciprocity Program and the Timbers Collection.
- Assist Bell/Valet staff as needed with valet, deliveries and assisting other departments as needed.
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be able to effectively tour guests through the building and residences, pointing out and explaining amenities and other commercial businesses within the property.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
- Ability to sit for period of times at the computer/phone.
- Possible heavy lifting, bending whilst assisting other departments.
- Ability to possibly stand for durations of time.
- In all situations demonstrate Character, Courtesy, Calm and Charm.
- Ability to lift luggage of various sizes with a maximum of 35 lbs.
- Ability to learn all varieties of information pertaining to the resort, the area, the activities and to make smart recommendations.
- Good personal hygiene and appearance
- Dress appropriately
Timbers Resorts International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Timbers Resorts International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job Status: Full Time