Front Desk/Concierge Services - winter season
Join our winter seasonal front of the house Front Desk/Concierge team! These are the faces that represent One Steamboat Place in providing exceptional front desk/concierge services to our owners and guests. This team provides professional, polite check-in/out services, making reservations for activities/transportation/dining requests and other owner, member and guest needs. A knowledge of the Steamboat Springs area preferred.
More information is below:
- Be yourself and care genuinely about each interaction you have. Nothing is more important than the moment you are in with each owner/guest.
- FD/Concierge Attendant will always use owners/members/guests names when meeting, answering questions, making deliveries, greeting or assisting owners/members/guests in anyway.
- Answer telephones politely with absolutely attitude. Understand the telephone system and be able to transfer calls/deal with situations as they arise.
- Must always speak and carry yourself in a professional manner in front of our owners/members and guests.
- Have knowledge of itineraries given to owners and guests for activities.
- Be able to record and log information timely and accurately.
- Be able to communicate efficiently with each department and follow each department’s rules and procedures.
- Use and understand the computer system for concierge reservations, reports, billing, emailing and activity scheduling.
- Prepare arrival and departure reports and arrival packet information for guest visits.
- Be detail orientated and follow through or complete each task set or started.
- Have knowledge of all other Timbers Properties, the Reciprocity Program and the Timbers Collection.
- Knowledge of One Steamboat Place’s different types of guests (SC, MM, WO, RC, ER)
- Assist Club Service Attendant staff as needed with valet, deliveries and assisting other departments as needed.
- Knowledge of dispatch procedures
- Assist in preparing and checking on coffee and breakfast set up periodically during the morning.
- Maintain general cleanliness throughout lobby and entryway and members gathering area (for concierge); vacuum carpets, clean windows, dust, etc. when needed or if housekeeping needs assistance.
- Must thrive on multi-tasking.
- Must be able to effectively tour guests through the building and residences, pointing out and explaining amenities, Black Tie and Truffle Pig and other commercial businesses within the property.
- Must be able to read fire/emergency panel and remain calm under pressure or in the face of an emergency.
Skills / Requirements
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; AND two (2) years of hospitality experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Principles, practices and techniques of the hospitality industry.
- Computer software applications including standard to industry
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Customer service principles and practices.
- Proper business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Area amenities, activities and events.
- Focusing on quests and provision of quality customer service.
- Making accurate arithmetic calculations.
- Reading, understanding and following front office policies and procedures.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
Job Status: Full Time, Part Time, Seasonal