Front Desk Agent
Responsible for providing information to guests and visitors and assisting guests with check in and out of the hotel while providing courteous and friendly guest service in a courteous and professional manner while exceeding the high standards of the hotel.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Identifies guest needs and provide information regarding policies, services and amenities.
- Checks guests into and out of hotel in a courteous and professional manner.
- Assists with luggage details.
- Uses suggestive selling skills and company sales guidelines to maximize revenue and occupancy levels.
- Maintains awareness of room details in order to process reservation requests or cancellations if needed, to include rates, packages, discounts and groups.
- Operates the hotel telephone system as trained to hotel standards.
- Parks and retrieves guest vehicles as needed, valet parking after hours.
- Posts charges and payments to guest, club owner and house accounts.
- Counts and balances cash drawer at the beginning and end of each shift; balances credit card shift report.
- Prints and distributes ski, weather or other reports as requested.
- Prepares current or next day arrival lists and packets.
- Cleans and maintains the front desk area in an orderly and presentable condition.
- Inventories and replenishes any required supplies.
- Processes hotel wake up program.
- Delivers guest requests as needed.
- Ensures delivery of guest messages or packages as needed.
- Observes safety precautions required to protect hotel and guest property.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Skills / Requirements
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; AND one (1) year of hospitality experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Area amenities, activities and events.
- Use of specified computer applications involving word processing, data entry, Springer Miller System (SMS) and/or standard report generation.
- Amenities, services, and room types for property.
- Resort activities and operations.
- Practices and procedures of cash handling, bookkeeping and accounting.
- Office administrative practices and procedures.
- Business letter writing and the standard format for typed materials.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Performing front desk duties in an efficient and effective manner.
- Determining the nature of a visitors needs and recommending appropriate actions or solutions.
- Speaking English effectively to communicate over the telephone.
- Resolving varied guest issues, concerns and requirements.
- Interfacing with hotel staff to ensure that guest’s needs are met in a satisfactory manner.
- Performing cash balancing and related financial transactions.
- Composing correspondence independently or from brief instructions.
- Compiling and summarizing information and preparing periodic or special reports.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness Bonus
Pay: from $17.50/hour
Job Status: Full Time