Food & Beverage Supervisor
Responsible for delivering exceptional food and beverage guest service and quality product and successful operation of the hotel restaurant, IRD and bar service to ensure quality and service standards of hotel are being achieved and maintained.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensures cleanliness of designated areas following the shift routine schedule.
- Processes food and beverage inquiries and ensures timely follow up on the same business day.
- Ensures all orders are taken correctly in a courteous and professional manner.
- Develops, implements and maintains department control and cash handling procedures including the collection of signature or cash for each order dispatched.
- Ensures that trays and IRD trolleys are clean, correctly and attractively set up to established standards.
- Attends to customer complaints satisfactorily.
- Ensures stations are adequately stocked with replacement cutlery, linen, stemware and other established needs, to ensure prompt service during peak times.
- Follows and enforces side work checklists.
- Ensures preparation and maintenance of coffee, tea, condiment sets and other items and equipment as established.
- Hold daily meetings with Executive Chef or Sous Chef to ensure VIP’s, Specials, amenities, etc., are properly communicated and delivered.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- Ensures all assigned staff of proper use of the time reporting system and enforces clock in and out procedures.
- Ensures all assigned staff is informed with respect to disciplinary procedures and handling of grievances.
- Assists with the hiring, training, professional development and discipline of staff.
- Keeps up to date on overall activities of the team, identifying problem areas and taking corrective action.
- Assists with preparing, maintaining and modifying weekly staff schedule for all staff in accordance with business needs, avoiding over staffing and overtime.
- Provides day-to-day guidance and oversight of staff; actively works to promote and recognize performance.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining effective relationships with groups to ensure guest satisfaction and repeat business.
- Assists in ensuring that staff maintains a professional attitude and proper appearance and uniform standards.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Skills / Requirements
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in hotel management, or a closely related field; AND five (5) years of food and beverage operations experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Basic principles and practices of employee supervision, including selection, work planning, organization, performance review and evaluation, and employee training and discipline.
- Beverages, wines and beers served.
- Basic principles and practices of developing teams, motivating employees and managing in a team environment.
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Use of specified computer applications involving word processing, queries, data entry and/or standard report generation.
- Use of specified computer applications involving the design and management of databases or spreadsheet files and the development of special report formats.
- Office administrative practices and procedures.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Planning, organizing, supervising, reviewing and evaluating the work of staff.
- Training others in policies and procedures related to the work.
- Providing customer service.
- Ability to give attention to detail and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
- Organizing, maintaining and researching office files.
- Compiling and summarizing information and preparing activity reports.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
Pay: from $18/hour
Job Status: Full Time