Food and Beverage Supervisor
Timbers Resorts is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Resorts is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories.
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
Under the direction of the F & B Manager/Director, responsible for supervising the daily operations of the restaurant and bar. Manage staff, training, culture, guest flow, business plans and relationships.
Provide exceptional guest service through leadership, communication and follow-up with guests and employees. Encourage and maintain a culture of producing results and getting things done by instilling an environment that rewards quick decision making.
- Under the direction of the F & B Manager/Director, conducts supervision of the restaurant and bar: guest service, service standards, cash handling, staffing in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for overseeing all other bar and floor supervisors while on duty, and ensuring management policies and standards are enforced.
- Plan and implement staffing schedules to ensure customer service standards are achieved with minimum employee cost. Monitor activities to ensure compliance with Company payroll policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with operating guidelines related to the corporate programs. Ensure operations comply with all state and federal laws, rules and regulations, relating to food and beverage sanitation, alcohol and tobacco, and ADA requirements.
- Ensure adherence of all appropriate sanitation standards including, but not limited to, employee hygiene and uniforms, kitchen food service equipment and preparation areas, food storage areas, dining areas, patio, snack bar areas, bar areas, restrooms.
- Monitor the purchase ordering and receiving program to maintain par-stock levels on food and beverage inventories and ensure proper quantity and price on all purchases.
- Monitor internal cost controls for the department. Ensure quality levels of food and beverage products and maintain standards in production, presentation, services, facilities, and guest satisfaction.
- Assist in planning and implementing new beverage programs and bar menus.
- Assist in developing promotional programs to improve average check.
- Manage employment activities for applicable staff members, including but not limited to, personnel recruitment and selection, training, compensation, and create recommendations to F & B Manager/Director regarding employee performance accountability which includes performance reviews and discipline.
- Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required operational reports.
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
- Obtain Blue Card and Food Handler certification within sixty days of employment.
Education and Experience:
- High school education/equivalent required. Bachelors’ Degree preferred.
- A minimum of 1 years of related experience including supervisory and/or management experience. Previous experience in the hospitality, travel and/or golf industry preferred.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Applicable laws, codes and regulations
- Policies and procedures of the department
- Strong grasp of current Microsoft technologies and platforms.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of staff management.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends/holidays.
- Outstanding organizational and analytical skills.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl. The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds with assistance.
Timbers Resorts International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Timbers Resorts International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job Status: Full Time