Food and Beverage Manager
Timbers Resorts is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Resorts is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories.
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
Responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the restaurant and bar. Manage staff, training, culture, guest flow, business plans and relationships. Oversee activities and services to ensure the department is operating to plan.
Ensure proper recruitment, training and supervision of all F&B personnel with primary responsibility for ensuring quality, consistency and excellent guest service in a manner that complies with Timbers standards and policies and procedures.
Provide exceptional guest service through leadership, communication and follow-up with guests and employees. Identify and develop incremental revenue opportunities, products and services in keeping with the Timbers philosophy. Encourage and maintain a culture of producing results and getting things done by instilling an environment that rewards quick decision making. Improve processes and procedures to make the organization more efficient and effective to achieve financial, operational, business and human resource goals.
- Daily operations of the restaurant and bar : guest service, service standards, cash handling, staffing in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Aid in implementing the annual budget plan according to Company operating policies and procedures to ensure profit goals are achieved as outlined.
- Plan and implement staffing schedules to ensure customer service standards are achieved with minimum employee cost. Monitor activities to ensure compliance with Company payroll policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with operating guidelines related to the corporate programs. Ensure operations comply with all state and federal laws, rules and regulations, relating to food and beverage sanitation, alcohol and tobacco, and ADA requirements.
- Ensure adherence of all appropriate sanitation standards including, but not limited to, employee hygiene and uniforms, kitchen food service equipment and preparation areas, food storage areas, dining areas, patio, snack bar areas, bar areas, restrooms.
- Establish and implement a cleaning and preventative maintenance program for appropriate fixtures, equipment, appliances, vehicles, etc.
- Implement and monitor the purchase ordering and receiving program to maintain par-stock levels on food and beverage inventories and ensure proper quantity and price on all purchases.
- Monitor internal cost controls for the department. Ensure quality levels of food and beverage products and maintain standards in production, presentation, services, facilities, and guest satisfaction.
- Develop promotional programs to improve average check.
- Manage employment activities for applicable staff members, including but not limited to, personnel recruitment and selection, training, compensation, and performance accountability to include: performance evaluations, discipline and termination, etc.
- Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade associations and organizations.
- Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary and related reports.
- Provide weekly schedule for Front of the House.
- Must be available to work flexible days and shifts.
- Vet, call, interview perspective candidates and coordinate candidates to speak with the F & B Director.
- Maintain cleanliness of Front of the House.
- POS management.
- Continual upkeep of menu specs.
- Training for new and current employees.
- Provide staff with education and quizzes.
- Point of contact for large parties and coordinating needs from the FOH/BOH team.
- Holiday coordination for activities
- Coordinate in-residence requests.
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
- High school education/equivalent required. Bachelors’ Degree preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of related experience including supervisory and/or management experience. Previous experience in the hospitality, travel and/or golf industry preferred.
- Strong grasp of current Microsoft technologies and platforms.
- Proven experience in wine sales, training and management.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of staff/fiscal management.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends/holidays.
- Outstanding organizational and analytical skills.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
- Obtain Blue Card and Food Handler certification within sixty days of employment.
- High school or equivalent
Timbers Resorts International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Timbers Resorts International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job Status: Full Time