Food & Beverage Manager - Vail, CO
Responsible for managing staff and ensuring successful operation of the hotel restaurant, IRD and bar service to ensure quality and service standards of hotel are being achieved and maintained.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develops and directs the implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards for the department.
- Oversees the selection, training, professional development and discipline of staff.
- Assists in planning goals, objectives, procedures and work standards for the unit; provides input into the unit's budget.
- Ensures attainment of budgeted food sales, beverage sales and labor costs; achieves maximum profitability and over-all success by controlling costs while providing quality of service.
- Develops, implements and maintains department control and cash handling procedures.
- Processes food and beverage inquiries and ensures timely follow up on the same business day.
- Develops, maintains, modifies and oversee service staff schedules.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- Ensures all assigned staff is informed with respect to disciplinary procedures and handling of grievances. \ Plans, organizes, administers, reviews and evaluates the work of assigned staff.
- Ensures maintenance of resort credit policies as they apply to food and beverage operations.
- Directs preparation of all required reports.
- Ensures proper inventory for functions, including opening and closing inventories, accurate bar summaries and cash deposits are prepared.
- Ensures the maintenance of bar control policies.
- Ensures completion of requisitions where deemed necessary.
- Ensures that services meet customer specifications.
- Works with the Chef, Food & Beverage Outlets Manager and Food & Beverage Supervisor to ensure all arrangements and details are dealt with.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with groups to ensure guest satisfaction and repeat business.
- Ensures that staff maintains a professional attitude and proper appearance and uniform standards.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Skills / Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in hotel management, or a closely related field; AND three (3) years of food and beverage operations experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Principles and practices of employee supervision, including selection, work planning, organization, performance review and evaluation, and employee training and discipline.
- Principles and practices of developing teams, motivating employees and managing in a team environment.
- Use of Microsoft Office.
- Use of Aloha POS, or similar POS experience.
- Office administrative practices and procedures.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Planning, organizing, supervising, reviewing and evaluating the work of staff.
- Training others in policies and procedures related to the work.
- Providing customer service.
- Ability to give attention to detail and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
- Organizing, maintaining and researching office files.
- Compiling and summarizing information and preparing activity reports.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in an office setting, use standard office equipment; stamina to sit for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 20 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Job Status: Full Time