Food & Beverage/Banquet Manager
Responsible for oversight and operation of hotel restaurant, hotel bar, IRD and pool bar service to ensure quality and service standards of hotel are being achieved, proper training for the staff and managing costs. Responsible for supervising activities and staff related to the delivery of all food and beverage for functions being held in all Banquet and Meeting rooms in keeping with the standards prescribed by management.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plans, organizes, administers, reviews and evaluates the work of assigned staff.
- Develops and directs the implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards for the department; prepares and manages assigned budget.
- Oversees the selection, training, professional development and discipline of staff.
- Assists in planning goals, objectives, procedures and work standards for the unit; provides input into the unit's budget.
- Ensures attainment of budgeted food sales, beverage sales and labor costs; achieves maximum profitability and over-all success by controlling costs while providing quality of service.
- Performs analyses of food & beverage pricing in relation to competition.
- Participates in the development, implementation and management of food and beverage marketing activities.
- Develops, implements and maintains department controls and cash handling procedures.
- Processes food and beverage inquiries and ensures timely follow up on the same business day.
- Develops, maintains, modifies and oversee service staff schedules.
- Ensures all assigned staff is informed with respect to disciplinary procedures and handling of grievances.
- Reviews/maintains daily payroll report/records, ensures labor costs conform to established guidelines.
- Directs preparation of all required reports.
- Ensures proper inventory for functions, including opening and closing inventories, accurate bar summaries and cash deposits are prepared. Performs proper month end inventory accurately.
- Ensures that services consistently meet customer specifications; responds to customer complaints/issues.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with guests and owners to ensure guest satisfaction and repeat business.
- Ensures that staff maintains a professional attitude and proper appearance and uniform standards.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
- Ensures banquet room is properly configured for events per event plan; coordinates need for additional tables, chairs, supplies and materials.
- Ensure proper care, movement of all equipment such as tables, chairs, bars etc.
- Ensure banquets checks are reviewed and signed by the Group’s Authorized Signers.
- Manages and maintains necessary supply of Banquet china, cutlery, glassware, linen and equipment; inspects equipment and supplies to ensure quality and condition.
- Liaison on an on-going basis with the Sales Department to ensure all client needs and requirements will be met.
- Maintains banquet server gratuity information, prepares transmittal for submission to payroll department.
- Attends all BEO and required hotel meetings to keep abreast of in-house activities, special promotions and upcoming events, maintain communications with other departments within the hotel.
- Maintains Bar control policies and completion of necessary forms.
Skills / Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in hotel management, or a closely related field; AND five (5) years of food and beverage operations experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Principles and practices of employee supervision, including selection, work planning, organization, performance review and evaluation, and employee training and discipline.
- Beverages, wines and beers served.
- Principles and practices of developing teams, motivating employees and managing in a team environment.
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Use of specified computer applications involving word processing, queries, data entry and/or standard report generation.
- Use of specified computer applications involving the design and management of databases or spreadsheet files and the development of special report formats.
- Office administrative practices and procedures.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Planning, organizing, supervising, reviewing and evaluating the work of staff.
- Training others in policies and procedures related to the work.
- Providing customer service.
- Ability to give attention to detail and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
- Organizing, maintaining and researching office files.
- Compiling and summarizing information and preparing activity reports.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Job Status: Full Time