There’s Kiawah Island. Then there’s Timbers Kiawah. Twenty-one luxurious oceanfront residences in a private, secluded enclave. Timbers Kiawah is the only private residence club with fractional ownership on Kiawah and the newest oceanfront offering in over 30 years. It’s an intimate, gated community of 21 residences nestled along the coastline. Tall pines provide a quiet, sheltered setting, and a private boardwalk and Beach Club let the day flow from home to beach to ocean and back again. A vacation home experience that only Timbers Resorts can provide.
Timbers Kiawah has an immediate opening for a Facilities Technician in our Engineering Department in support of the initiatives as directed by the Director of Facilities. Duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following.
Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a Hospitality maintenance environment.
- Various certifications preferred (i.e. HVAC, Electrical, etc.).
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of building trades or mechanical repair work.
- Ability to perform routine, scheduled or emergent maintenance work such as mechanical, electrical, HVAC and property repairs.
- Provide analysis of maintenance problems and determine cause of problems and repair or offer possible solutions.
- Knowledge of safety procedures required in maintenance and repair work.
- Ability to work in a team-minded environment with the ability to also work independently; Ability to work various hours to support maintenance environments.
- Ability to properly and safely use power and manual hand tools.
- Ability to climb ladders; Ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions; Ability to walk long distances around the property; ability to move up to 100 lbs.; ability to work in elevated heights.
- Ability to communicate effectively; ability to establish and maintain working relationships with customers.
- Skill in using personal computers, office equipment and mobile electronics.
- Skill in general maintenance and repair, troubleshooting.
- Ability to give attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- To be available to work evenings, weekends or holidays based on scheduling needs of the department.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary; commensurate with experience
- Excellent growth potential
- Paid time off
- Life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
Pay: from $17/hour
Job Status: Full Time