Timbers Jupiter has an immediate opening for a Facilities Technician in our Engineering Department in support of the initiatives as directed by Facilities Manager. We are seeking an energetic, skilled, cost-conscious, team-oriented individual to be responsible for general maintenance and repairs on our property. Weekends & some Evenings required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Two years’ experience in a Hospitality maintenance environment, preferred.
- Various certifications preferred (i.e. HVAC, Electrical, etc.).
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of building trades or mechanical repair work.
- Ability to perform routine, scheduled or emergent maintenance work such as mechanical, electrical, HVAC and property repairs.
- Provide analysis of maintenance problems and determine cause of problems and repair or offer possible solutions.
- Knowledge of safety procedures required in maintenance and repair work.
- Ability to work in a team-minded environment with the ability to also work independently; Ability to work various hours to support maintenance environments.
- Ability to properly and safely use power and manual hand tools.
- Ability to climb ladders; Ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions; Ability to walk long distances around the property; ability to move up to 100 lbs.; ability to work in elevated heights.
- Ability to communicate effectively; ability to establish and maintain working relationships with customers.
- Skill in using personal computers, office equipment and mobile electronics.
- Skill in general maintenance and repair, troubleshooting.
- Ability to give attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- To be available to work evenings, weekends or holidays based on scheduling needs of the department.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary; commensurate with experience
- Excellent growth potential
- Paid time off
- Life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 per hour plus $500 sign on bonus (upon completion of 90 days)
Pay: from $19/hour
$500 Sign on bonus (upon completion of 90 days)
Job Status: Full Time