Facilities Maintenance-$300 sign-on bonus
Timbers Resorts is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Resorts is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
Maintaining and repairing physical structures of buildings and maintaining grounds.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate and prioritize work requests with Director of Building Maintenance and Director of Facilities
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Perform arrival check of units and correct any deficiencies that may be detected
Perform daily, weekly and bi-weekly checklist items
- Assist with Preventive Maintenance Plans for the facility
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record based on insurance company requirements for insurability
- Must have current, valid, Hawaii driver's license
- Perform basic maintenance duties for all Timbers Kauai Ocean Club units including:
- Plumbing: un-clog sinks, toilets, showers and tubs;
- Repair/replace toilets, faucets
Electrical: repair/replace broken switches/plugs/fuses
- Carpentry: repair/replace damaged wood trim
- Glazing: replace broken door/window glass
- Painting: exterior and interior
- Drywall repair
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Preferred but not required, operating office equipment including computers and supporting word processing, spreadsheets and database applications, or experience with work order software systems
- Communicating clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED; AND two (2) years of hospitality experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Preferred but not required HVAC-Refrigerant Certification, Pool Operators Certification and/or Facilities Maintenance licenses
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning and repair/maintenance tasks.
• Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
• Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. On a regular and continuing basis.
• Must have the ability to bend, squat, and frequently lift 50 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 100 lbs.
• May be subject to atmospheric conditions, one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation.
• May be subject to oils; there is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
• Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening, hearing, and solid visual ability.
Pay: from $21/hour
Job Status: Full Time,Contract/Temporary