Facilities Maintenance Manager
Timbers Resorts is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Resorts is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
The Facilities Maintenance Manager is responsible for organizing, monitoring, and managing facility maintenance operations. This position performs a variety of technical tasks relative to facility maintenance and provides technical assistance to the Association Director. Duties include understanding operations & maintenance repair of Hokuala’ s utility infrastructure; Lagoon and property water features, water quality, DAM Safety Maintenance Program, aeration equipment, water fall pumps, etc.; Irrigation ponds supplemental ground water wells, irrigation pump systems, electrical controllers, etc.; Roadway and parking lots, paving, street and path lighting; property sewer lift stations, sewer systems; property drainage systems, basins, culverts, etc. Including the Facilities Maintenance Shared Service responsibilities and not limited to, assistive to construction project management with pre-opening work of future projects related to Facilities Maintenance and proactive review of construction progression inspections prior to construction handover.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan, prioritize, assign, manage, review, and participate in the work of staff responsible for all facility maintenance
- Establish schedules and methods for providing facility maintenance services; identify resource needs; review needs with appropriate management staff; allocate resources accordingly
- Develop the goals and objectives as well as policies and procedures for the department; make recommendations for changes and improvements to existing standards, policies, and procedures; participate in the implementation of approved policies and procedures; monitor work activities to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures
- Manage the preparation and administration of the facility maintenance budget; submit budget recommendations; monitor expenditures; prepare cost estimates; submit justifications for equipment; monitor budget expenditures
- Monitor and control supplies and equipment; order supplies and tools as necessary; prepare documents for equipment procurement; prepare specifications and contracts for contract services
- Train or coordinate training in facility maintenance and safety methods, procedures, and techniques
- Develop and organize safety inspection programs for all facilities and equipment
- Assist with coordination of construction projects, remodels, and other special projects
- Assist in the preparation of various contracts, requests for proposals, and reports.
- Perform the more technical and complex tasks of the work unit
- Attend and participate in professional group meetings; maintain awareness of new trends and developments in the field of facility maintenance; incorporate new developments as appropriate into programs
- Coordinate with contractors in providing contract services
- Answer questions and provide information to staff; investigate complaints and recommend corrective action as necessary to resolve complaints
- As a team leader, you will be the contact point for all team members, so your communication skills should be excellent
- You should also be able to act proactively to ensure smooth team operations and effective collaboration
- Ultimately, you should lead by setting a good example and engage the team to achieve goals
- Other similar duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
Two (2) years of college level course or work in business, management, engineering, or a related field and four (4) years of experience in facility maintenance related leadership or supervisor experience required OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Licenses and/or Certifications:
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record based on insurance company requirements for insurability
- Preferred but not required HVAC-Refrigerant Certification, Pool Operators Certificate and/or Facilities Maintenance licenses
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Operations, services, and activities of a building maintenance, repair, and construction program Materials, methods, terminology, equipment and tools used in the maintenance, repair, and construction of building structures and systems including those used in performing rough and finished carpentry, plumbing, heating, electrical, mechanical, and painting work
- Principles of supervision, training, and performance evaluation. Basic principles and practices of municipal budget preparation and administration
- Equipment, tools and materials used in facility maintenance activities
- Construction and project management principle
- Principles and practices of safety management
- Office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and databases
- Pertinent local, state and federal laws, ordinances, codes, and rules
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Reading and understanding construction drawings, plans and specifications
- Organizing, implementing and directing facility maintenance operations and activities
- Supervising, training and evaluating staff
- Developing, interpreting and explaining pertinent department policies and procedures
- Developing cost estimates for supplies and equipment
- Performing complex maintenance duties and operate related equipment
- Demonstrating tact and diplomacy with the public, coworkers, affiliates and staff
- Developing and recommending systems and procedures related to assigned operations
- Operating office equipment including computers and supporting word processing, spreadsheets and database applications
- Communicating clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an indoor and outdoor field environment; travel from site to site; exposure to noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, noxious odors, gases, mechanical and electrical hazards, and all types of weather and temperature conditions.
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to walk, stand, and sit for prolonged periods of time; to frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp, and make repetitive hand movement in the performance of daily duties; to climb unusual heights on ladders; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull moderate to heavy amounts of weight; to operate assigned equipment and vehicles, misc. equipment not limited to, golf cart, Backhoe, Skidster, Dump truck, etc.
See in the normal visual range with or without correction
Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction
Timbers Resorts International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Timbers Resorts International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job Status: Full Time