Executive Housekeeping Manager
Responsible for supervising activities and staff related to cleaning and servicing of residence club homes, offices, and public areas while exceeding the high level of standards established by Company.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Plans, organizes, administers, reviews & evaluates work of assigned staff.
Develops and directs the implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards for the department; prepares and manages assigned budget.
· Oversees selection, training, professional development & discipline of staff.
· Assists in planning goals, objectives, procedures and work standards for the department; provides input into the budget.
· Ensures that all club home residences, public areas and offices are serviced and cleaned daily in accordance with established standards.
· Ensures that club homes are checked regularly for repairs and refurbishing, and that appropriate maintenance is performed.
· Notifies the facilities department of areas needing attention in respect of maintenance.
· Oversee cleaning of club staff uniforms and guest dry cleaning as needed.
· Oversees club lost and found policy and procedures.
· Assists with purchase and inventory of cleaning materials and linens to ensure an adequate PAR at peak occupancy.
· Facilitates use of temporary staffing as needed.
· Ensures linen is within the established standard of quality.
· Assists with safety and OSHA compliance.
· Assists with all department and interdepartmental communications.
· Answers housekeeping office phone in a courteous and friendly manner.
· Ensures dispatch and timely follow through of owner and guest requests.
· Assists with all information necessary for budgeting purposes annually, seasonally or quarterly as requested.
· Inspects thoroughly all VIP arrival residences to ensure homes are in great condition.
· Ensures that services consistently meet customer specifications; responds to owner and guests issues.
· Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the department by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
· Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; AND five (5) years of resort housekeeping operations experience, two (2) years of which were in a supervisory role; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Required Knowledge and Skills
· Principles and practices of employee supervision, including selection, work planning, organization, performance review and evaluation, and employee training and discipline.
· Principles and practices of developing teams, motivating employees and managing in a team environment.
· Proper cleaning methods, and the safe usage of cleaning materials, disinfectants, housekeeping tools and equipment.
· Procedures for the preparation and use of cleaning materials.
· Use and minor maintenance of hand and power tools and equipment used in housekeeping
· Safety practices and equipment related to the work.
· Computer software applications including Opera PMS and Microsoft Office Suite. Policies and procedures of the department.
· Office administrative practices and procedures.
· Record keeping principles and practices.
· Proper business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
· Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
· Planning, organizing, supervising, reviewing and evaluating the work of staff.
· Training others in policies and procedures related to the work.
· Providing excellent customer service.
· Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
· Organizing, maintaining and researching office files.
· Compiling and summarizing information and preparing activity reports.
· Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
· Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
· Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in an office setting, use standard office equipment; stamina to sit for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 50 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Pay: $52,000 to $58,000/year
Job Status: Full Time