Executive Assistant- Development-FT
This full time position is primarily responsible for providing assistance to the Managing Director of Development and the Development and Construction Management Team, including scheduling, task management, ordering, communications with strategic partners, activity tracking, reporting, and taking minutes at development meetings.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manages schedules for appointments coordinating with corporate office, on site and outside consultants and contacts.
- Plans and directs development and communication of information designed to keep staff, vendors, contractors, and partners informed of organization's activities.
- Reads and routes incoming mail. Locates and attaches appropriate file to correspondence to be answered by employer.
- Takes dictation in shorthand or by machine and transcribes notes on computer, or transcribes from voice recordings.
- Composes and types routine correspondence.
- Organizes and maintains file system, and files correspondence and other records.
- Greets scheduled visitors and conducts to appropriate area or person.
- Arranges and coordinates travel schedules and reservations.
- Conducts research, and compiles and types statistical reports.
- Coordinates and arranges meetings, prepares agendas, reserves and prepares facilities, and records and transcribes minutes of meetings.
- Makes copies of correspondence or other printed materials.
- Prepares outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mail and faxes.
- Orders and maintains supplies, and arranges for equipment maintenance.
- Prepares reports, correspondence and a variety of written materials; prepares and maintains accurate documentation of activities.
- Assist with other projects or assignments as requested.
- Attends trainings and meetings as requested or required.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
Associates Degree or four (4) years of professional level administrative/office management experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Principles, practices and techniques of office administration.
- Computer applications related to the work.
- Records management principles and practices.
- Principles and techniques of preparing effective written informational or educational materials.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone, occasionally where relations may be confrontational or strained.
- Principles and techniques of making effective oral and written presentations.
- Performing professional-level office administrative duties.
- Carrying out assigned analytical projects through, from data gathering to completion.
- Speaking clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Coordinating projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
- Writing clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Exhibiting objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Interpreting, applying and explaining complex federal, state and local laws/regulations.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
- Preparing clear and concise reports, correspondence and other written materials.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within general policy guidelines.
- Using tact, discretion and prudence in dealing with those contacted in the course of the work.
Job Status: Full Time