Timbers Company is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories.
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
Responsible for performing skilled and semi-skilled work in the installation, maintenance and repair of mechanical, electrical, HVAC, security and structural systems and elements of resort buildings and facilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
- Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Licensed in a trade preferred (plumbing electrical HVAC carpentry etc.).
- Must have a valid driver’s license for the applicable state.
- Must have an acceptable MVR (Motor Vehicle Driving Record) property specific.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma/GED, supplemented by technical or college course work training in a trade; AND two (2) years of journey-level work in facilities, plant construction, plant operations, or maintenance and repair; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Hotel Fire and Life Safety systems.
- Pool and spa operation
- Materials, methods, practices and equipment used in facilities construction, maintenance and repair.
- Operation, adjustment, preventive maintenance and minor repair of power tools and equipment related to the work.
- Applicable laws, codes and regulations.
- Safety principles, practices and equipment related to the work.
- Principles, methods and materials used in a variety of mechanical, electro-mechanical and electrical installation, maintenance and repair work.
- Basic record keeping practices.
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Use of specified computer applications involving word processing, queries, data entry and/or standard report generation.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Assist with the operation maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Perform plumbing repair laundry equipment repair preventative maintenance on all exhaust fans and supply; monitor energy conservation; repair vacuum cleaners and any other small equipment upon request.
- Immediately follow up on any alarms to determine the exact location and cause - determine emergency status and report to the Front Desk with findings.
- Change out light bulbs; perform preventative maintenance for guest rooms to include: vinyl repair touch up paint minor furniture repair tub caulking tile repairs etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance for ice machines refrigerators kitchen equipment laundry equipment HVAC guestrooms meeting rooms the swimming pool and hot tub.
- Perform other tasks/jobs as assigned by the supervisor or manager.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in a construction and maintenance setting; agility to use typical trade equipment, hand and power tools and standard office equipment; stamina to stand, walk and climb and to work in awkward spaces for an extended period of time; strength to lift and maneuver materials and equipment weighing up to 100 pounds with proper equipment; vision to read printed materials and computer screens; and hearing and speech to communicate in person or over a radio or telephone.
Work is subject to exposure to extreme weather conditions, hazardous chemicals, electrical currents, gases, dust and noxious odors.
Pay: $18 to $22/hour
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time