Director of Rooms, Vail, CO
Timbers Resorts is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Resorts is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Responsible for supervising and coordinating activities and staff of the Front Office and Housekeeping operations; maintains or exceeds the high standards of the hotel, and create an environment that fosters meaningful work, and open dialogue with staff and guests.In your role at Timbers Sebastian Vail you will be the ambassador of the beliefs, philosophies and principles that drive our business; Chin Up - Nose Down, Find Fun and Humor in Everything, Be a Lifelong Learner, and Create Moments of Magic, to name a few. This role requires you to walk the talk, and to actively engage with employees of all departments regularly. This is not a desk job and you will not be an enforcer of rules, you will have the opportunity to be an active member of the team, a collaborator, a strategic partner and who can expand departmental knowledge, train and develop the team, improve ways of working and create new and exciting employee engagement opportunities.
Education and Experience:
Five (5) years of hotel operations experience, two (2) years of which were at a managerial level; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Principles and practices of employee supervision, including selection, work planning, organization, performance review and evaluation, and employee training and discipline.
- Principles, practices and techniques of the hospitality industry.
- Computer software applications in work processing, spreadsheets and hotel information systems.
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Safe work practices and sanitation related to hotel operations.
- Principles and practice of housekeeping operations.
- Inventory and record keeping principles and practices.
- Customer service principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Skill in:
- Planning, organizing, supervising, reviewing and evaluating the work of staff.
- Training others in policies and procedures related to the work.
- Performing budgeting and accounting functions for assigned operations.
- Efficiently and effectively performing hospitality management duties.
- Focusing on quests and provision of quality customer service.
- Making accurate arithmetic calculations.
- Reading, understanding and following reservation policies and procedures.
- Maintaining appropriate inventory of supplies and materials.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Mobility to work in a food service setting, use standard kitchen equipment; stamina to stand for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 50 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
xterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Pay: $75,000 to $90,000/year
Job Status: Full Time