Director of Food & Beverage
Timbers Resorts is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Resorts is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
WHAT TO EXPECT
As the Director of Food & Beverage you will help guide and communicate department service standards, culture and strategy as you oversee all aspects of the Food and Beverage Division- including the restaurant, bar, in room dining banquets and culinary. In your role at Timbers Sebastian Vail you will be the ambassador of the beliefs, philosophies and principles that drive our business; Chin Up - Nose Down, Find Fun and Humor in Everything, Be a Lifelong Learner, and Create Moments of Magic, to name a few. This role requires you to walk the talk, and to actively engage with employees of all departments regularly. This is not a desk job and you will not be an enforcer of rules, you will have the opportunity to be an active member of the team, a collaborator, a strategic partner and who can expand departmental knowledge, train and develop the team, improve ways of working and create new and exciting employee engagement opportunities.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plans, organizes, administers, reviews and evaluates the work of assigned staff.
- Develops and directs the implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards for the department; prepares and manages assigned budget.
- Oversees the selection, training, professional development and discipline of staff.
- Assists with establishing budgets for all areas of responsibility.
- Assists in planning goals, objectives, procedures and work standards for the unit; provides input into the unit's budget.
- Ensures attainment of budgeted food sales, beverage sales and labor costs; achieves maximum profitability and over-all success by controlling costs while providing quality of service.
- Ensures attainment of budgeted food sales, beverage sales, labor costs and profitability.
- Works with executive chef on menu selections and pricing that ensure potential for highest profit margin.
- Performs analyses of food & beverage pricing in relation to competition.
- Participates in the development, implementation and management of food and beverage marketing activities.
- Develops, implements and maintains department control procedures.
- Ensure daily inventory is managed to maximize all potential food and beverage revenue.
- Processes food and beverage inquiries and ensures timely follow up on the same business day.
- Prepares and reviews all reports as needed and required.
- Ensures maintenance of resort credit policies as they apply to food and beverage operations.
- Ensures proper inventory for functions, including opening and closing inventories, accurate bar summaries and cash deposits are prepared.
- Ensures the maintenance of bar control policies.
- Ensures completion of requisitions where deemed necessary.
- Ensures timely ordering/purchasing of beer, wine, liquor, premix canisters, etc.
- Checks on banquet food and beverage quality, Banquet services and pallet presentation.
- Coordinates with large group meeting/banquet planners their specific group requirements with the services & facilities offered to include proposals, contracts, estimated and actual function statements.
- Ensures that services meet customer specifications.
- Liaison on an on-going basis with the Sales Department to ensure all client needs and requirements will be met.
- Attend all meetings and trainings as required.
- Works with the Chef, Food & Beverage Manager and Food & Beverage Supervisor to ensure all arrangements and details are dealt with.
- Manages the day-to-day operations on the floor.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with groups to ensure guest satisfaction and repeat business.
- Ensures that staff maintains a professional attitude and proper appearance and uniform standards.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Skills / Requirements
Education and Experience:
Five (5) years of increasingly elevated food and beverage operations experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Principles and practices of employee supervision, including selection, work planning, organization, performance review and evaluation, and employee training and discipline.
- Principles and practices of developing teams, motivating employees and managing in a team environment.
- Food & beverage operations both front & back of house.
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Use of specified computer applications involving word processing, queries, data entry and/or standard report generation.
- Use of specified computer applications involving the design and management of databases or spreadsheet files and the development of special report formats.
- Office administrative practices and procedures.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Planning, organizing, supervising, reviewing and evaluating the work of staff.
- Training others in policies and procedures related to the work.
- Providing customer service.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
- Organizing, maintaining and researching office files.
- Compiling and summarizing information and preparing activity reports.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Pay: $90,000 to $95,000/year
Based on experience
Job Status: Full Time