As a key member of the development team, the Development Director position will have responsibility for the successful completion of development projects and functions, as assigned by the company, from inception through financing, construction completion and sales. The Development Director ensures that all projects align with Timbers Resorts production and financial goals, while maintaining our core values, meeting appropriate development standards, and upholding Timbers Resorts reputation as a quality developer.
- Help initiate, undertake and oversee real estate development projects; project management activities include: site selection, due diligence, land assemblage, acquisition, feasibility analysis, site planning, entitlements, permitting, selection of project team, consultants and owners rep, coordination with project development partners, finance structuring, construction and sales.
- Secure bids for professional services, enter into contracts and supervise performance of project partners such as, general contractors, architects, surveyors, geotech, soils engineers, etc.
- Assist in the creation of financial models of proposed projects to evaluate feasibility. Help prepare pro forma development budgets and property operating budgets under the direction of the Chief Development Officer.
- Works with team members to prepare responses to requests for proposals and solicitations for bids by coordinating the proposal response and preparing the proposal materials.
- Attends site visits of potential property acquisitions and assists in market analysis, including preparing market reports, and review of due diligence reports.
- Assists with the preparation of debt and equity financing applications for each of the projects.
- Supports the team in closing the financing and manages the closing checklist.
- Assists the Chief Development Officer with the construction administration process by coordinating the flow and filing of construction documents.
- Schedules development team meetings and assists with preparing internal and external reports on each project.
- Prepares presentations for meetings with investors, other critical stakeholders and government officials as needed.
- Establish strong, professional relationships with investors, local governments, the design/construction industry, and other partners; attend meetings with state/local organizations.
- Coordinate with property management and sales team during development period; assist with transition to sales and conversion.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the CEO, Chief Development Officer, or CFO.
Key Objectives to be achieved within a year:
- Provide thoughtful input into the implementation of the organization’s strategic plan.
- Achieve predevelopment and development project objectives along with supporting our business development teams pursuing future business opportunities.
- Increase the company’s development capacity through training of our current staff and assist in the recruitment of new development staff.
- Bachelor’s degree required; degree in related field (real estate, urban planning, architecture, business or finance) preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible experience in real estate development, with a preference given to actual ground up development experience.
- Strong analytical skills including financial analysis.
- Working knowledge of land use and zoning processes
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, able to work on multiple projects with attention to detail, prioritize a challenging workload, and be well organized and dependable while staying positive and solution-oriented.
Job Status: Full Time