Corporate Director of Sales and Marketing
JOB TITLE: Corporate Director Sales & Marketing
DEPARTMENT: Sales & Marketing - Operations
REPORTS TO: Managing Director - Hospitality
Responsible for overseeing and directing the implementation of successful strategies designed to achieve the objectives as outlined in the hotel marketing plans. Will also work directly with sales and catering teams and rental manager to drive revenues and increase bottom line profits.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Works with GM’s and sales leaders to develop sales strategies and plans.
- Leads rental division in development and execution of direct sales strategy
- Leads completion of annual business planning process in coordination with GM’s.
- Work with GM’s to produce accurate revenue forecast to corporate office.
- Develops goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards for the properties in coordination with GM’s and DOS.
- Assists with the preparation of assigned budgets.
- Actively leads weekly revenue meetings with corporate staff to develop effective pricing strategies.
- Oversees the selection, training, professional development of senior level sales, marketing and reservations/revenue staff in coordination with GM’s.
- Works closely with the General Manager to determine appropriate sales strategies in all market segments towards maximizing the hotel revenues.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding the budgeted revenues and RevPAR performance goals.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all brand requirements including training, special offers and RFP’s.
- Participates on appropriate communications and marketing strategies to ensure alignment with overall Timbers vision.
- Evaluate emerging business opportunities and risks to determine revenue and profit implications.
- Coordinates efforts with all properties; maintains awareness of operations and events; consults with other properties on new and revised activities and products; assists with the creation, implementation and direct sales strategy.
- Monitors and reports results of all marketing and sales initiatives, developments and trends in the industry, evaluates their impact upon resort operations and recommends and implements tactical changes and improvements.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, or a related field; AND ten (10 years of sales and marketing experience in the hospitality industry, five (5) years of which were in a director role; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Strong understanding on industry trends and distribution channels, with long standing relationships with travel partners and wholesalers.
- Principles, practices and techniques of sales and marketing.
- Administrative principles and practices, including goal setting, program development, implementation and evaluation, and the management of employees.
- Principles and practices of developing teams, motivating employees and managing in a team environment.
- Principles and practices of budget development, administration and measurement of results on a weekly, monthly, and annual basis
- Computer applications related to the work, Practices, techniques and capabilities of all distribution channels.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Principles and techniques of making effective oral presentations.
CORPORATE DIRECTOR SALES & MARKETING
- Planning, organizing, supervising, reviewing and evaluating the work of staff.
- Training others in policies and procedures related to the work.
- Managing multiple projects and programs.
- Planning, organizing and administering comprehensive sales and marketing programs.
- Developing and implementing goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards.
- Developing effective work teams and motivating individuals to meet goals and objectives and provide customer services in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
- Preparing clear and concise reports, correspondence and other written materials.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within general policy guidelines.
- Using tact, discretion and prudence in dealing with those contacted in the course of the work.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in an office setting, use standard office equipment; stamina to sit for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 20 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Job Status: Full Time