Corporate Director of Operations - Hotel
Functions as the strategic business leader responsible for overseeing the day-to-day activities of all Soleil Collection properties. Serves as the primary link between the General Managers of the properties and the executive leadership for Timbers Company. Develops and implements portfolio-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the expectations of the brand’s target customer and employees, which provide a return on investment. Strong focus on financial performance and staff development within established guidelines and quality standards.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Establishes and implements quantitative and qualitative metrics, guidelines, and standards by which the properties’ performance can be evaluated.
- Contributes to the cultivation of an owner and guest experience in accordance with the Timbers Company brand and overall business plan that meets or exceeds the expectations of all customers, management, and staff.
- Develops accurate long and short-range financial objectives in conjunction with the hospitality sales/rental division.
- Directs the preparation of financial reports for management that clearly explain operational effectiveness, trends and
- Understands hotel concepts and KPIs including but not limited to occupancy, ADR, RevPAR, RevPOR, average check, food and beverage costs, profit margins, inventory turnover, EBITDA and NOI.
- Identifies opportunities to increase profits and create value by challenging existing processes, encouraging innovation and driving necessary change.
- Oversees the selection, training, professional development and discipline of senior property staff including but not limited to the General Manager.
- Monitors properties for brand standard compliance.
- Work with corporate team members to develop and enhance operational SOPs, recognize operational deficiencies and recommend training opportunities, and develop best practices for the properties.
- Lead strategic planning, development, and coordination of initiatives and strategies for your properties, which focus on achieving operational excellence and profitability goals.
- Advises on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies.
- Monitors guest satisfaction systems and initiates corrective action as necessary.
- Establishes and maintains a pro-active human resource function to ensure employee motivation, training and development, wage and benefits administration, and compliance with labor regulations.
- Supports philanthropic efforts, community outreach and public affairs.
- Understands sales and marketing needs and works closely with the sales executives on delivering an experience that supports the sales effort and overall business plan.
- Supports the creation and maintenance of an up-to-date emergency response plan and safety protocols.
- Remains current on government regulations affecting operations, ensuring that the properties are operated in compliance with all applicable laws, ordinances, regulations, and requirements of any federal, state or municipal authority.
- Interacts with the general public, industry professionals, customers, employees, union and government officials with tact.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, or a related field a plus; AND ten (10) years of hospitality operations management, including experience in food and beverage management; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in an office setting, use standard office equipment; stamina to sit for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 50 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.