Timbers Resorts is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Resorts is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
To efficiently run the section and produce menu items to the Chef/Sous Chef during a busy service while ensuring the highest standards and requirements of “Food Hygiene” and “Safety Regulations” are always adhered to at all times.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare mise-en-place for the section to the standard set by the Sous Chef.
To liaise with the Sous Chef at all times to produce the standards which have been set.
- To ensure efficient and accurate use of produce and equipment in and around the kitchen.
- To adhere to all company policies/fire and emergency procedures, sanitation, and proper food handling techniques.
- To provide a friendly, courteous and professional service at all times.
- To maintain good working relationships with your colleagues and all departments.
- To wear the correct uniform and maintain a high standard of personal hygiene on duty.
- To attend training sessions and courses as and when required by Timbers.
- To understand the operational set up and principle of Hualani’s Restaurant.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work environment
- Ability to cross-train in different stations of the kitchen
- Responsible to track and maintain station par-levels and inventory; report to the kitchen supervisor, sous chef, or executive chef daily
- Ability to follow standardized recipes
- Submit station prep list and ordering requisitions to the kitchen supervisor, sous chef, executive chef, or F&B Director at the end of each shift
- Daily tasting and quality control of station mis en place and sauces
- Mentoring of junior staff
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Two to three years high volume line cook experience preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and speak fluently, in the primary language of the property location.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in units of measure, using whole numbers.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense, define problems, collect data and notify management when necessary. Ability to successfully re-prioritize tasks in a moment’s notice.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and problem solving ability. ?
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
- Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to successfully work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to maintain composure in a potentially stressful environment. ?
- Ability to produce recipes within corporate specifications.
- Ability to attend all required company meetings.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand (a minimum of 8 hours); walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel, grasp, and hold objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; crouch; bend; talk; hear; and smell. The employee may be required to frequently climb (stairs). The employee is occasionally required to kneel.
The employee must occasionally lift, carry, pull and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Qualified individuals with disabilities may be provided reasonable accommodation to enable them to perform the essential functions of a position, so long as such accommodation does not result in undue hardship to the organization.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and potentially stressful.
Timbers Resorts International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Timbers Resorts International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Pay: $21 to $23/hour
Job Status: Full Time