Controller - Remote
Timbers Resorts is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Resorts is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
Responsible for supervising activities and staff related to financial operations and integrity of the resort, including financial management, record keeping and reporting; provides expert financial assistance to management and staff.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plans, organizes, administers, reviews and evaluates the work of assigned staff.
- Develops and directs the implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards for the department; prepares and manages assigned budget.
- Oversees the selection, training, professional development and discipline of staff.
- Ensures all accounting procedures are in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Creates annual operating budget of property and provide analytical support to identify cost saving and productivity opportunities.
- Prepares financial analyses, create variance reports and make recommendations to ensure the achievement of goals and targets.
- Maximizes cash flow through review of inventory, assets, investments, credit and collection disbursements, deposits and remittances.
- Creates and maintains internal check procedures as required for audits.
- Ensures adherence/compliance with all federal, state and local regulations.
- Establishes and maintains record retention policies and procedures.
- Reviews all capital projects to ensure funds committed are accurate.
- Monitors all property major project-related accounting and ensures that projects are completed in accordance with contract/terms of service.
- Distributes forecast information as needed for departments to achieve maximum operation.
- Plans, develops, organizes, implements, directs and evaluates the organization’s fiscal function and performance.
- Participates in the development of the corporation’s plans and programs as a strategic partner.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
- Presents financial statement to the association’s Board of Directors in monthly meetings.
- Develops timely and accurate analyses of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the GM and Asset Manager in performing their responsibilities.
- Enhances and/or develops, implements and enforces policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Provides technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline.
- Participates in continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting their budgets.
- Provides strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the organization; i.e., evaluation of potential alliances acquisitions and/or mergers and pension funds and investments.
- Optimizes the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
- Develops a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Provides financial advice on any contracts into which the corporation may enter.
- Establishes and enforces all controls for revenue and expenses.
- Reviews accounts payable, receivables, credits and payroll.
- Works with auditors in the required yearend audit and provides detailed backup in a timely manner.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field; AND five (5) years of financial management experience, two (2) years of which were in a supervisory role; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Principles and practices of employee supervision, including selection, work planning, organization, performance review and evaluation, and employee training and discipline.
- Principles and practices of developing teams, motivating employees and managing in a team environment.
- Principles and practices of generally accepted accounting standards and practices, including methods of financial reporting and financial statement preparation.
- Techniques of financial strategic planning.
- Principles and practices of budget development and administration.
- Administrative principles and practices, including goal setting, program development, implementation and evaluation, and the management of employees through multiple levels of supervision.
- Principles and practices of financial, and claims auditing.
- Applicable laws, codes and regulations.
- Community Association Management and State statutes.
- Computer applications related to the work.
- Financial record management principles and practices.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Planning, organizing, supervising, reviewing and evaluating the work of staff.
- Training others in policies and procedures related to the work.
- Planning, organizing and administering a comprehensive financial management and reporting program.
- Developing and implementing goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards.
- Developing effective work teams and motivating individuals to meet goals and objectives and provide customer services in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
- Interpreting, applying and explaining complex federal, state and local laws/regulations.
- Overseeing and coordinating the conduct of comprehensive financial and claims audits and actuarial studies.
- Preparing clear and concise reports, correspondence and other written materials.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within general policy guidelines.
- Using tact, discretion and prudence in dealing with those contacted in the course of the work.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in an office setting, use standard office equipment; stamina to sit for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 20 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Pay: $75,000 to $90,000/year
Job Status: Full Time