Responsible for assisting residence club owners and visitors with dining reservations and recommendations, coordinating transportation, and recommendations/assistance with tickets for recreational activities, and assisting with check in and out of residences in a courteous and professional manner while exceeding the high standards of the resort.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Acts as central information agent and property ambassador for the resort.
- Identifies owner/guest needs and provides information regarding policies, services and amenities.
- Checks owner/guests in to and out of resort in a courteous and professional manner.
- Assists with luggage and vehicle details.
- Provides owner/guests with information on property facilities, restaurants, and activities.
- Operates the resort telephone system as trained to resort standards.
- Posts charges and payments to guest, club owner and house accounts through Opera.
- Provides additional information on all area restaurants, services and recreational opportunities.
- Prepares current or next day arrival lists and packets.
- Cleans and maintains the concierge desk area in an orderly and presentable condition.
- Inventories and replenishes any required supplies.
- Processes wake up calls as necessary.
- Coordinates owner/guest requests as needed.
- Ensures delivery of owner/guest messages or packages as needed.
- Schedules and confirms restaurant, recreational or other bookings as requested.
- Schedules and coordinates area transportation to and from local attractions.
- Have excellent knowledge of Beaver Creek, Vail, and surrounding areas.
- Assists with loading/unloading of luggage and personal items when needed.
- Assists with delivery/retrieval owner/guest luggage and personal items when needed.
- Provides directions and information as requested.
- Arranges rental car pick up and key return.
- Completes amenities based off the next day arrivals.
- Use and maintain accurate and current information in Opera and GoConcierge.
- Establish and executes traces for Housekeeping and Facilities from pre-arrival outreach within the established time period.
- Assist with cleanliness of concierge and valet areas, ensuring that area is safe for foot traffic.
- Ensures owner/guest luggage storage as needed.
- Courteous to all owner/guests, callers, visitors and staff.
- Exercise polite and patient verbal demeanor over radio.
- Proper use of clocking in and out from shifts, and 30 minute meal breaks.
- Facilitate sending of owner/guest packages with correct address and method of payment.
- Observes safety precautions required to protect resort and owner/guest property.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
- Preforms all duties and tasks assigned by management.
Skills / Requirements
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; AND two (2) years of hospitality experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Principles, practices and techniques of the hospitality industry.
- Computer software applications including Opera, Microsoft Office Suite and GoConcierge. Policies and procedures of the department.
- Customer service principles and practices.
- Proper business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Area amenities, activities and events.
- Focusing on quests and provision of quality customer service.
- Making accurate arithmetic calculations.
- Reading, understanding and following front office policies and procedures.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
Pay: from $17/hour
Job Status: Full Time