Responsible for supervising and directing Concierge team in assist guests and residence club owners with dining reservations and recommendations, coordinate transportation, and recommend and assist with tickets for recreational activities in a courteous and professional manner while exceeding the high standards of the resort.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Participates in interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Performs as central information agent and property ambassador for the resort.
- Identifies owner/guest needs and provides information regarding policies, services and amenities.
- Checks owner/guests in to and out of resort in a courteous and professional manner.
- Assists with luggage and vehicle details.
- Provides owner/guests with information on property facilities, restaurants, and activities.
- Operates the resort telephone system as trained to resort standards.
- Ensure each member of the concierge team has what they need to perform duties properly. Supplies, time to complete duties, proper letters to owners, necessary attachments and informational brochures for pre-calling.
- Help to ensure the concierge team is following all company guidelines and lead by example in following such guidelines.
- Ensure thorough scheduling in the event a member of the concierge team needs to host member events or attend Friday arrivals meetings.
- Delegate additional duties and projects to the concierge team as needed.
- Develop and maintain a proper relationship with all vendors and partners in the Vail area.
- Posts charges and payments to guest, club owner and house accounts.
- Provides additional information on all area restaurants, services and recreational opportunities.
- Prepares current or next day arrival lists and packets.
- Cleans and maintains the concierge desk area in an orderly and presentable condition.
- Inventories and replenishes any required supplies.
- Processes wake up calls as necessary.
- Coordinates owner/guest requests as needed.
- Ensures delivery of owner/guest messages or packages as needed.
- Schedules and confirms restaurant, recreational or other bookings as requested.
- Schedules and coordinates area transportation to and from local attractions.
- Assists with loading/unloading of luggage and personal items when needed.
- Assists with delivery/retrieval owner/guest luggage and personal items when needed.
- Provides directions and information as requested.
- Arranges rental car pick up and key return.
- Completes amenities based off the next day arrivals.
- Use and maintain accurate and current information in Opera and GoConcierge.
- Establish and executes traces for Housekeeping and Facilities from pre-arrival outreach within the established time period.
- Assist with cleanliness of concierge and valet areas, ensuring that area is safe for foot traffic.
- Ensures owner/guest luggage storage as needed.
- Courteous to all owner/guests, callers, visitors and staff.
- Exercise polite and patient verbal demeanor over radio.
- Proper use of clocking in and out from shifts, and 30 minute meal breaks.
- Facilitate sending of owner/guest packages with correct address and method of payment.
- Observes safety precautions required to protect resort and owner/guest property.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
- Performs all duties and tasks assigned by management.
Skills / Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; AND two (2) years of hospitality experience; AND one (1) year in supervisory capacity OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Principles, practices and techniques of the hospitality industry.
- Computer software applications including Opera, Microsoft Office Suite and GoConcierge
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Customer service principles and practices.
- Have excellent knowledge of Beaver Creek, Vail, and surrounding areas.
- Proper business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Area amenities, activities and events.
- Focusing on quests and provision of quality customer service.
- Making accurate arithmetic calculations.
- Reading, understanding and following front office policies and procedures.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Organizing staff work and ensure critical deadlines are met
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in an office setting and use standard office equipment; stamina to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 40 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Job Status: Full Time