Common Area/Laundry Specialist - 10-month year-round role
The employees at One Steamboat Place will lead us in building relationships and exceeding expectations with each and every one of our owners, guests, and staff members. Not only will you be working in the best ski-in location that Steamboat Springs offers but you will also be working with a team-oriented, casual, and focused on results workforce.
This position is 10-month role with an immediate start date. Eligible for benefits (medical, dental, vision), 401(k), partial ski pass reimbursement, and more.
Here are the essential functions for the Common Area/Laundry Specialist position. Successful job applicants will be able to perform these essential functions with or without a requested reasonable accommodation.
- Be yourself and care genuinely about each interaction you have. Nothing is more important than the moment you are in with each owner/guest.
- Uphold all company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Adhere to and support laundry and common area department standards of operation.
- Assist the Common Area/Laundry Supervisor and Housekeeping Management in daily operations.
- Lead peers and subordinates in performing the functions of both laundry and common area cleaning.
- Cleaning common areas that includes and is not limited to: replacing soiled linen and towels; restock room supplies, disinfect bathroom surfaces, dust and polish the furniture, remove all trash, vacuum the carpet, and wash any uncarpeted floors.
- Load and empty washers and dryers, as well as wash, dry, quality check, and fold laundry.
- Perform daily machine maintenance such as cleaning washing and dryer machine filters.
- Accurately sort and wrap linens.
- Delegate to teams which linens they will need for each residence.
- Prepare bagged linen for Strip/Prep and Midweek teams.
- Clean, organize laundry room, basement areas, and supplies.
- Assist housekeeping teams when needed.
- Assist with answering the phone in the office or laundry room and relaying information accordingly.
- Report any needed repairs immediately to a supervisor or maintenance.
- Report terry/linen-related issues to Common Area/Laundry Supervisor
- Report issues with vendors to Management in written form through Laundry Email.
- Follow instructions on use of germicidal solutions to clean. Must comply with all regulations such as OSHA, SDS, State Health Department, etc.
- Use safety precautions in all housekeeping services.
- Assist with other duties as requested or assigned.
One Steamboat Place offers excellent benefits and employee discounts (partial to full ski pass reimbursement), competitive salaries, personal development programs and a fun work environment.
Skills / Requirements
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS /QUALIFICATIONS
- In all situations demonstrate Character, Courtesy, Calm and Charm.
- Heavy lifting, bending. Must be able to lift and/or carry 50 to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to push carts weighing up to 200 pounds.
- Ability to learn a variety of information pertaining to the resort and the area.
- Keep a consistent and steady pace for eight hours or more.
- Good personal hygiene and appearance.
Pay: $17 to $19/hour
Job Status: Full Time