Cocktail Server- Winter Seasonal
Responsible for serving food and beverages to guests and visitors in a courteous and friendly manner while maintaining or exceeding the high standards of the hotel.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintains positive guest interactions while serving beverages to guests and servers in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Checks identification of the guest to make sure they meet age requirements for purchase of alcohol products.
- Assess customers’ needs and preferences and provides recommendations.
- Sells or influences others for up selling and suggestive selling.
- Provide guidance to guests on resort activities, dining options and general resort and community information.
- Ensures service stations are adequately stocked with garnishes and other established needs.
- Prepare coffee, hot water and other items as established.
- Determines when a customer has had too much alcohol and if required refusing any further serving on a polite and respectful manner.
- Safely and effectively handle and move objects, such as glasses and bottles.
- Collects payment for drinks served and balances all receipts; follows all cash handling procedures as per hotel standard.
- Complies with all food and beverage regulations.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
- Abides by all State, Federal & Local liquor regulations pertaining to the serving of alcohol beverages to guest.
- Comply with all health and safety regulation requires by the hotel.
Skills / Requirements
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; AND one (1) year of experience as a cocktail server; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS:
- Must possess a current TIPS certification to serve alcohol
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Food and beverage products, menus and promotions.
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Basic mathematics and bookkeeping.
- Use of specified computer applications related to food and beverage operations.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Basic understanding of restaurant operations.
- Focusing on quests and provision of quality customer service.
- Use of Point of sale (POS) terminals and stock & inventory management software.
- Serving beverages in accordance with customer requests.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
- Cash management and accountability.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to be on your feet and alert for extended periods of time.
Pay: from $8.31/hour
Job Status: Full Time, Part Time, Seasonal