Cafeteria Cook- TSV
Responsible for producing and providing excellent food items to the hotel’s Employee Cafeteria while providing quality service to co-workers and visitors in a courteous and friendly manner and maintaining the high standards of the hotel.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepares, cooks, and portions meals.
- Demonstrates proper procedures to staff as required.
- Ensures the proper presentation of each menu item that will be served.
- Stores leftover food appropriately, inventories and maintains stocks of food and supplies; receives food and supplies, unpacks and stores in the appropriate location.
- Utilizes proper FIFO rotation, as well as dating and labeling of all production made.
- Ensures that all ingredients needed are ordered to the correct quantities, conduct regular stock checks/stock takes.
- Ensures that food preparation equipment, cooking and serving utensils, and the kitchen work areas are orderly, clean and sanitary.
- Reads and follows menus and recipes and computes basic mathematical calculations.
- Observes safety precautions required to protect hotel and guest property.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service with suggestions and participating as an active member of the team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Skills / Requirements
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED supplemented by formal coursework in culinary sciences; AND/OR 1 (1) years of experience as a journey-level cook.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Principles, methods and equipment used in meal preparation in a restaurant setting.
- Safe work practices and sanitation related to food preparation and service.
- Inventory and record keeping principles and practices.
- Customer service principles and practices.
- Basic English, including spelling, grammar
- Efficiently and effectively performing cooking duties.
- Focusing on quests and provision of high quality food items
- Reading, understanding and following recipes and oral and written directions.
- Maintaining appropriate inventory of supplies and materials.
- Training others in work processes, recipes and procedures.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Pay: from $17/hour
Job Status: Full Time