- Assist in providing excellent dining service to customers in a courteous, professional manner, meeting or exceeding their expectations.
- Knowledge of menu listings
- To be familiar with menu ingredients and composition.
- To change table linens required and ensure damaged linen is counted and exchanged for clean, usable items.
- To clean designated areas following the shift routine schedule.
- To maintain cruet and condiment sets
- To ensure flowers and table decorations are fresh and comply with established standards.
- To clear and reset tables to our standards.
- To ensure sidebar stations are adequately stocked with replacement cutlery, linen and other established needs.
- To prepare coffee, toast, cheese boards and other items as established.
- Assist with the delivery of food to established standards.
- Efficiently clean tables at the established appropriate time.
- To ensure that customers are correctly charged, present the bill and take payment from the customer, in accordance with the established procedures.
- Deliver Room Service orders, if necessary.
- Assume all duties of Waiter and/or Host, in their absence.
- Cross train as Waiter and Host.
- Be knowledgeable of safety and emergency procedures and observe safety precautions required to protect hotel and guest property.
- Turn in all lost and found items to Housekeeping.
- Report any maintenance deficiencies timely.
- Proper use of the time reporting system and tip declaration.
- Report any work related injuries to Restaurant Manager or Human Resources.
- Be courteous and helpful to all customers.
- To attend to customer complaints satisfactorily.
- To be continually aware of, and maintain, the highest standards of personal hygiene and dress.
- Have general knowledge of Vail & Beaver Creek Ski Mountains and the Vail Valley.
- Any other tasks as requested by Restaurant Manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- To speak English, read some English, bi-lingual helpful.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to within normal range.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Must have some computer knowledge.
- To be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to stand or walk for 8 hours per shift.
- Ability to bend, stretch, stoop and squat as needed.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to push up to 150 pounds.
Pay: from $12.31/hour
Job Status: Part Time