Provides food and beverage services to patrons in a friendly, efficient, and professional manner; ensures a positive experience for all patrons.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Be yourself and care genuinely about each interaction you have. Nothing is more important than the moment you are in with each owner/guest.
- Breakfast Attendant will always use owners/guest’s names when meeting, answering questions, making deliveries, greeting and assisting owners/guests in anyway.
- Responsible for assisting the F&B Supervisor/Wine Steward in maintaining a high quality of services, food and beverages offered to owners and guests.
- Helps in organizing food items for Breakfast as well setting up, serving and cleaning up, always leaving the wine room, kitchen and gathering room in pristine condition.
- Assists the F&B Supervisor/Wine Steward in procuring, receiving and stocking food and beverage products as well as wine shipments for owners’ wine storage.
- Assist housekeeping staff as needed to ensure that Wine Room area is polished, bathrooms are stocked and pick up of trash, dirty towels, other misc debris in the area.
- Responsible for keeping the wine room kitchen stocked with glasses, plates and cups at all times.
- Helps stock and maintain order in Basement Kitchen.
- Must always speak and carry yourself in a professional manner in front of our owners/members and guests.
- Be able to communicate efficiently with each department and follow each department’s rules and procedures.
- Must be able to multi task.
- Must be able to communicate to owners and guests about upcoming OSP events, preferred dining recommendations and activities and events available in and around Steamboat Springs.
- Must remain professional at all times while in the presence of owners and guests.
- Will be counted on to show up for all shifts on time and complete all tasks prior to clocking out for your shift.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
- In all situations demonstrate Character, Courtesy, Calm and Charm.
- Knowledge and interest in food and wine.
- Background in food preparation and an understanding in food & beverage service preferred.
- Food hygiene and safety understanding, certification preferred.
- Ability to learn a variety of information pertaining to the resort and the area.
- Good personal hygiene and appearance.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs and be 18 years of age or older.
- Flexibility to work weekends and holidays.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Beaver Creek, Vail, and surrounding area amenities.
- Practices and procedures of luggage handling.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Proper business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Determining the nature of a visitors needs and recommending appropriate actions or solutions.
- Speaking English effectively to communicate over the telephone.
- Resolving varied owner/guest issues, concerns and requirements.
- Interfacing with resort staff to ensure that owner’s/guest’s needs are met in a satisfactory manner.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities. Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Heavy lifting, bending.
- Ability to stand for long durations of time.
Pay: $16 to $17/hour
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time,Seasonal