- Identifies guest needs and provides information regarding policies, services and amenities.
- Ensures collection and delivery of guest luggage and equipment in an efficient and timely manner.
- Tags baggage and returns the identification slips to guests.
- Escorts guests to room, placing luggage in room assigned by front desk.
- Inspects guest room for order and adequate supplies and informs guests of room amenities.
- Ensures safe storage of personal items.
- Transports departing guest’s luggage from the room to the lobby, then into a car or taxi after reconfirming with the guest.
- Responds to guest requests and queries providing a knowledgeable, efficient and helpful information service.
- Assists with answering the telephone and taking messages, transferring calls or dealing with enquiries.
- Has basic knowledge of SMS in order to look up last names and room numbers.
- Is able to locate owner bins, and assists team in delivering and removing bins from residential units.
- Effectively marks down correct name, room number, and damage on each vehicle that arrives at the hotel.
- Properly marks down ski equipment and delivers to correct place.
- Lock and unlock bikes each morning and night.
- Driving safely at all times to protect company’s assets.
- Maintains all radios and earpieces and preserving for future use.
- Ensures cleanliness of porte-cochere, and removes snow/ice from drive.
- Observes safety precautions required to protect hotel and guest property.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
- Preforms all duties and tasks assigned by management.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Vail and Beaver Creek activities and operations.
- Practices and procedures of luggage handling.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Performing bellperson duties in an efficient and effective manner.
- Determining the nature of a visitors needs and recommending appropriate actions or solutions.
- Speaking English effectively to communicate over the telephone.
- Resolving varied guest issues, concerns and requirements.
- Interfacing with hotel staff to ensure that guest’s needs are met in a satisfactory manner.
- Performing luggage handling duties.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
Pay: from $10.30/hour
Job Status: Full Time