Responsible for greeting and welcoming all owners/guests and visitors to the resort and relieving owners/guests of their luggage on arrival in a prompt and courteous manner while maintaining or exceeding the high standards of the resort.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Identifies owner/guest needs and provides information regarding policies, services and amenities.
- Ensures collection and delivery of owner/guest luggage and equipment in an efficient and timely manner.
- Tags baggage and returns the identification slips to owners/guests.
- Escorts owners/guests to residence, placing luggage in residence assigned by concierge desk.
- Inspects guest residence for order and adequate supplies and informs owners/guests of residence amenities.
- Ensures safe storage of personal items.
- Transports departing owner’s/guest’s luggage from the residence to the lobby, then into a car or taxi after reconfirming with the owner/guest.
- Responds to owner/guest requests and queries providing a knowledgeable, efficient, and helpful information service.
- Assists with answering the telephone and taking messages, transferring calls or dealing with inquiries.
- Has basic knowledge of Opera in order to look up last names and residence numbers.
- Effectively marks down correct name, residence number, and damage on each vehicle that arrives at the resort.
- Driving safely at all times to protect company’s assets.
- Maintains all radios and earpieces and preserving for future use.
- Ensures cleanliness of porte-cochere.
- Observes safety precautions required to protect resort and owner/guest property.
- Maintains cleanliness and functionality of company vehicles including company SUV.
- Performs shuttle runs as necessary.
- Reports any unsafe or maintenance issue to management.
- Exercise polite and patient verbal demeanor over radio.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
- Proper use of clocking in and out from shifts, and 30 minute meal breaks. Performs all duties and tasks assigned by management.
Skills / Requirements
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Must also maintain a valid driver’s license which meets company established driving guidelines.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Beaver Creek, Vail, and surrounding area amenities.
- Practices and procedures of luggage handling.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Proper business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Performing bell person duties in an efficient and effective manner.
- Determining the nature of a visitors needs and recommending appropriate actions or solutions.
- Speaking English effectively to communicate over the telephone.
- Resolving varied owner/guest issues, concerns and requirements.
- Interfacing with resort staff to ensure that owner’s/guest’s needs are met in a satisfactory manner.
- Performing luggage and vehicle handling duties.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities. Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
Pay: from $10.75/hour
Job Status: Full Time