Bell Person - TBG
Responsible for greeting and welcoming all guests, owners, and visitors to the hotel and relieving guests of their luggage on arrival in a prompt and courteous manner while maintaining or exceeding the high standards of the hotel.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Identifies guest needs and provides information regarding policies, services, and amenities.
- Ensures collection and delivery of guest luggage and equipment in an efficient and timely manner.
- Tags baggage and returns the identification slips to guests.
- Escorts guests to room, placing luggage in the room assigned by the front desk.
- Inspects guest room for order and adequate supplies and informs guests of room amenities.
- Ensures safe storage of personal items.
- Transports departing guest’s luggage from the room to the lobby, then into a car or taxi after reconfirming with the guest.
- Response to guest requests and queries providing a knowledgeable, efficient, and helpful information service.
- Assists with answering the telephone and taking messages, transferring calls, or dealing with inquiries.
- Has basic knowledge of SMS in order to look up last names and room numbers.
- Is able to locate owner bins, and assists the team in delivering and removing bins from residential units.
- Effectively marks down the correct name, room number, and damage on each vehicle that arrives at the hotel.
- Properly marks down ski equipment and delivers to correct place.
- Lock and unlock bikes each morning and night.
- Driving safely at all times to protect the company’s assets.
- Maintains all radios and earpieces and preserving them for future use.
- Ensures cleanliness of porte-cochere, and removes snow/ice from the drive.
- Observes safety precautions required to protect hotel and guest property.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
- Performs all duties and tasks assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
Must have a valid driver’s license and be in good standing to drive company and guest vehicles.
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Vail and Beaver Creek activities and operations.
- Practices and procedures of luggage handling.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Performing bellperson duties in an efficient and effective manner.
- Determining the nature of a visitor's needs and recommending appropriate actions or solutions.
- Speaking English effectively to communicate over the telephone.
- Resolving varied guest issues, concerns, and requirements.
- Interfacing with hotel staff to ensure that guest’s needs are met in a satisfactory manner.
- Performing luggage handling duties.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities, and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives, and activities.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in an office setting, use standard cleaning equipment; stamina to stand, stoop, squat, and bend for extended periods of time; agility to perform services over an extended period of time; strength to lift and carry up to 75 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Pay: from $11/hour
Job Status: Full Time