Responsible for planning, overseeing and performing duties related to the greeting and welcoming of all guests, owners, and visitors to the hotel and relieving guests of their luggage on arrival in a prompt and courteous manner while maintaining or exceeding the high standards of the hotel.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plans and assigns the work of bell staff; sets priorities and follows up to ensure completion and quality of assigned work.
- Trains staff in work procedures.
- Troubleshoots issues and provides assistance to staff as required.
- Identifies guest needs and provides information regarding policies, services and amenities.
- Ensures collection and delivery of guest luggage and equipment in an efficient and timely manner.
- Tags baggage and returns the identification slips to guests.
- Escorts guests to room, placing luggage in room assigned by front desk.
- Inspects guest room for order and adequate supplies and informs guests of room amenities
- Ensures safe storage of personal items.
- Assists guests with long-term luggage storage requests/left luggage requests.
- Maintain basic knowledge of SMS in order to look up last names and room numbers.
- Locate owner bins, and assists team in delivering and removing bins from residential units.
- Ensure all valet tickets are marked with correct name, room number, and damage on each vehicle that arrives at the hotel.
- Ensure all ski equipment is marked correctly and delivered to correct location.
- Lock and unlock bikes each morning and night.
- Driving safely at all times to protect company’s assets.
- Maintains all radios and earpieces and preserving for future use.
- Transports departing guest’s luggage from the room to the lobby, then into a car or taxi after reconfirming with the guest.
- Responds to guest requests and queries providing a knowledgeable, efficient and helpful information service.
- Assists with answering the telephone and taking messages, transferring calls or dealing with enquiries.
- Ensures cleanliness of porte-cochere, and removes snow/ice from drive.
- Observes safety precautions required to protect hotel and guest property.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
- Performs all duties and tasks assigned by management.
Skills / Requirements
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; AND two (2) years of bellperson experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Principles and practices of employee supervision, including work planning, organization and employee training.
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Resort, Vail and Beaver Creek activities and operations.
- Practices and procedures of luggage handling.
- Office administrative practices and procedures.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Overseeing the work of assigned staff.
- Training others in policies and procedures related to the work.
- Performing bellperson duties in an efficient and effective manner.
- Determining the nature of a visitors needs and recommending appropriate actions or solutions.
- Speaking English effectively to communicate over the telephone.
- Resolving varied guest issues, concerns and requirements.
- Interfacing with hotel staff to ensure that guest’s needs are met in a satisfactory manner.
- Performing luggage handling duties.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
Pay: from $12.20/hour
Additional compensation: gratuities
Job Status: Full Time