Timbers Resorts is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Resorts is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
Under the direction of the Guest Services Manager, the Bell Captain is responsible for planning, overseeing and performing duties for guest being the first and last point of contact with guest arriving and departing from Timbers Kauai. The main function of the Bell Captain is to plan and assign the work of Bell Valet staff; sets priorities and follows up to ensure completion and quality of assigned work.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Trains staff in work procedures
- Assist with scheduling
- Troubleshoots issues and provides assistance to staff as required
- Identifies guest needs and provides information regarding policies, services and amenities
- Ensures collection and delivery of guest luggage and equipment in a timely manner
- Tags baggage and returns identification slips to guests
- Escorts guests to room, placing luggage in room assigned by front desk
- Informs guest of features if residences
- Ensure safe storage of personal items
- Assists owners with long term storage requests
- Locate owner bins and assists team in delivering and removing bins from residential units
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with the public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment
- Maintains all radios and earpieces and preserving for future use
- Driving safely at all times to protect the company’s assets
- Transport guests to and from airport and other destinations as directed by the department manager
- Responds to guest requests and queries providing a knowledgeable, efficient and helpful information service
- Assist with answering the telephone, transferring calls or dealing with inquires
- Anticipate guest needs, communicate issues and opportunities to management as needed
- Proficient in operational systems, including Safe Lock and ALICE
- Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems
- Perform other duties as appropriate and directed by supervisor/manager
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent AND two years of bell person experience or a combination of equivalent education, training and experience
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license which meets the company’s established driving guidelines
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Applicable laws, codes and regulations
- Principles and practices of employee supervision, including work planning, organization and employee training
- Policies and procedures of the department
- Timbers Kauai activities and operations
- Practices and procedures of luggage handling
- Determining the nature of guest needs and recommending appropriate actions or solutions
- Speaking the English language effectively to communicate with guests and colleagues Office administrative practices and procedures
- Record keeping principles and practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds
- Multitasking while paying attention to detail and completing tasks in a timely manner
- Strong organizational skills
- Customer service principles and practices
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the ability to stand and walk for the duration of the work shift. While performing duties of this job, the associate is required the stamina to stand, stoop, squat, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects for extensive period of time; strength to lift and carry up to 50 pounds & 75 pounds with assistance; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; mobility to work in an office setting; dexterity to utilize computer equipment.
Timbers Resorts International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Timbers Resorts International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job Status: Full Time