Responsible for planning, overseeing and performing duties related to the greeting and welcoming of all owners, guests, and visitors to the property and relieving them of their luggage on arrival in a prompt and courteous manner while maintaining or exceeding the high standards of the resort.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plans and assigns the work of bell staff; sets priorities and follows up to ensure completion and quality of assigned work.
- Completes the bell staff schedule and monitors labor for OT.
- Trains staff on work procedures.
- Troubleshoots issues and provides assistance to staff as required.
- Identifies owners/owner/guest needs and provides information regarding policies, services and amenities.
- Ensures collection and delivery of owner/guest luggage and equipment in an efficient and timely manner.
- Tags baggage and returns the identification slips to owners/owner/guests.
- Escorts owner/guests to residence, placing luggage in residence assigned by front desk.
- Explains features of residence to owners/guests upon arrival.
- Inspects owner/guest residence for order and adequate supplies and informs owner/guests of residence amenities
- Ensures safe storage of personal items.
- Assists owner/guests with long-term luggage storage requests.
- Maintain basic knowledge of PMS in order to look up last names and residence numbers.
- Ensure all rental cars are marked with correct name, residence number, and damage on each vehicle that arrives at the resort.
- Driving safely at all times to protect company’s assets.
- Maintains all radios and earpieces and preserving for future use.
- Transports departing owner/guest’s luggage from the residence to the lobby, then into a car or taxi after reconfirming with the owner/guest.
- Maintains cleanliness and functionality of company vehicles and company SUV.
- Exercise polite and patient verbal demeanor over radio.
- Knowledge of safety and emergency procedures.
- Report any maintenance issue to facilities department in a timely manner.
- Perform shuttle runs as necessary.
- Maintain bell office, ensuring work area is clean, organized and professional.
- Responds to owner/guest requests and queries providing a knowledgeable, efficient and helpful information service.
- Assists with answering the telephone and taking messages, transferring calls or dealing with inquiries.
- Ensures cleanliness of porte-cochere, and removes debris from drive.
- Observes safety precautions required to protect resort and owner/guest property.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
- Provide leadership and supervision during times when the Owner Services Manager is not in the office.
- Performs all duties and tasks assigned by management.
Skills / Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; AND two (2) years of bell person experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Must also maintain a valid driver’s license which meets company established driving guidelines.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Principles and practices of employee supervision, including work planning, organization and employee training.
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Beaver Creek and surrounding area amenities.
- Practices and procedures of luggage handling.
- Office administrative practices and procedures.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Proper business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Overseeing the work of assigned staff.
- Training others in policies and procedures related to the work.
- Assisting with verbal and written documentation when necessary.
- Performing bell person duties in an efficient and effective manner.
- Determining the nature of a visitors needs and recommending appropriate actions or solutions.
- Speaking English effectively to communicate over the telephone.
- Resolving varied owner/guest issues, concerns and requirements.
- Interfacing with resort staff to ensure that owner/guest’s needs are met in a satisfactory manner.
- Performing luggage handling duties.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Proper use of clocking in and out from shifts, and 30 minute meal breaks. Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
- Assisting with the planning and conducting of departmental meetings throughout the year.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in an office setting, use standard cleaning equipment; stamina to stand, stoop, squat and bend for extended periods of time; agility to perform services over an extended period of time; strength to lift and carry up to 75 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Pay: from $13.50/hour
Job Status: Full Time