Responsible for promoting, preparing and serving high quality breakfast beverages and/or coffee. To assist food operations in all aspects of service while providing quality service to guests and visitors in a courteous and friendly manner and maintaining or exceeding the high standards of the hotel.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Educates customers by explaining the coffee drink process; including ingredients and preparation methods, answering any and all questions the guest or wait staff may have, as well as demonstrating how brewing equipment operates.
- Prepares coffee drinks by following prescribed recipes and preparation techniques for coffee drinks, such as, expresso, macchiato, café latte, cappuccino, etc.
- Assist servers in properly serving food to each guest from the kitchen to tables in the restaurant.
- Assisting managers, food servers, bussers and/or back of house staff with any additional tasks requested in all aspects of service.
- May also be called upon to prepare and garnish cocktails and pour alcoholic beverages.
- Complies with responsible alcohol service guidelines.
- Checks identification, if appropriate to ensure no minors are served.
- Maintains a neat, organized front and back of house environment throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures.
- Cleans designated areas following the shift routine schedule.
- May be called upon to be trained as, and assume duties of expediter, busser or host, in their unexpected absence.
- Maintains inventories by recognizing product needs, replenishing and stocking supplies and reusable or perishable goods.
- Performs opening, closing and ongoing side work, including storing and dating all reusable goods, cleaning and sanitizing all equipment and areas, restocking and securing goods.
- Adheres to grooming and appearance standards.
- Keeps company equipment operating and lengthens its usable life by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, performing preventive maintenance, and making manager aware of needed repairs.
- Observes health and safety precautions required to protect hotel and guest property.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
- Provides excellent service to customers and demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Skills / Requirements
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Food and beverage products, menus and promotions.
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Customer service principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Basic knowledge of restaurant operations.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to be on your feet & alert for extended periods of time.
- Focusing on quests and provision of quality customer service.
- Cleaning areas in an effective and efficient manner.
- Maintaining appropriate inventory of supplies and materials.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Pay: from $10/hour
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time,Seasonal