Barback- Winter FT Seasonal
Responsible for assisting in the preparation and service of food and beverages to customers.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintains positive guest interactions while assisting bartender.
- Maintains the cleanliness and sanitation of the bar to include counter, tables and chairs.
- Restocks the bar and side stations required beverages, bar supplies, flatware, utensils, condiments and linen.
- May pick up food from kitchen and deliver to the bar/customer.
- Empties garbage receptacles.
- Washes and properly stores glassware and other bar materials.
- Complies with all food and beverage regulations.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
- Properly clean and set meeting rooms and banquet functions per the specifications on the Banquet Event Order.
- Ensure proper care, movement of all equipment such as tables, chairs, bars etc.
Skills / Requirements
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Food and beverage products, menus and promotions.
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Customer service principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Focusing on quests and provision of quality customer service.
- Maintaining appropriate inventory of supplies and materials.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Pay: from $10.20/hour
Job Status: Full Time, Seasonal