Responsible for supervising activities and staff related to the delivery of all food and beverage for functions held in the property pertaining to functions being held in all Banquet and Meeting rooms in keeping with the standards prescribed by management.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plans, organizes, administers, reviews and evaluates the work of assigned staff.
- Develops and directs the implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards for the department; prepares and manages assigned budget.
- Oversees the selection, training, professional development and discipline of staff.
- Assists in planning goals, objectives, procedures and work standards for the unit; provides input into the unit's budget.
- Ensures banquet room is properly configured for events per event plan; coordinates need for additional tables, chairs, supplies and materials.
- Ensure proper care, movement of all equipment such as tables, chairs, bars etc.
- Ensure banquets checks are reviewed and signed by the Group’s Authorized Signers.
- Ensures attainment of budgeted food sales, beverage sales and labor costs; achieves maximum profitability and over-all success by controlling costs while providing quality of service.
- Manages and maintains necessary supply of Banquet china, cutlery, glassware, linen and equipment; inspects equipment and supplies to ensure quality and condition.
- Completes function delivery sheets in an accurate and timely fashion; prepares forecast and actual budget function sheets.
- Reviews/maintains daily payroll report/records, ensures labor costs conform to established guidelines.
- Maintains banquet server gratuity information, prepares transmittal for submission to payroll department.
- Attends all BEO and required hotel meetings to keep abreast of in-house activities, special promotions and upcoming events, maintain communications with other departments within the hotel.
- Completes and approves Banquet Bar Requisitions.
- Maintains Bar control policies and completion of necessary forms.
- Manages purchasing and requisitioning activities; ensure adherence to policies and procedures.
- Maintains records for inventory, labor cost, food cost etc.
- Attends and participates in F & B meetings.
- Assists in menu planning and pricing; coordinates arrangements with food services.
- Ensures that services consistently meet customer specifications; responds to customer complaints/issues.
- Coordinates the general housekeeping of the banquet facilities.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Skills / Requirements
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in hotel management, or a closely related field; AND four (4) years of food and beverage operations experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Principles and practices of employee supervision, including selection, work planning, organization, performance review and evaluation, and employee training and discipline.
- Principles and practices of developing teams, motivating employees and managing in a team environment.
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Use of specified computer applications involving word processing, queries, data entry and/or standard report generation.
- Use of specified computer applications involving the design and management of databases or spreadsheet files and the development of special report formats.
- Office administrative practices and procedures.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Planning, organizing, supervising, reviewing and evaluating the work of staff.
- Training others in policies and procedures related to the work.
- Providing customer service.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
- Organizing, maintaining and researching office files.
- Compiling and summarizing information and preparing activity reports.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Job Status: Full Time