Banquet Captain- TSV
Responsible for coordinating all food and beverages service to customers. Directing and supervising of all staff, and managing flow and execution of banquet functions from inception to conclusion.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ability to review and interpret Banquet Event Orders, follow specific instructions when applicable, and delegation of tasks for setup as well as service to the team.
- Ensure banquet space is properly set prior to beginning of event.
- Responsible for training, supervision, and direction of all banquet team members, ensuring proper service as well as adherence to grooming and appearance standards.
- Coordinate setup and service of banquet functions with kitchen staff for both buffets and plated service
- Completion and/or distribution of proper consumption reports for both bar and in room amenities.
- Resolve and/or inform manager of any guest requests or issues that cannot be handled by banquet staff.
- Responsible for entering billing information into Delphi, creating banquet checks, ringing checks into the Point Of Sale system, and getting checks signed by the authorized signer for the group.
- Responsible at end of shift for making sure all areas are left in a clean and orderly manner, and that the next shift coming in is set up for success with rooms and buffets set properly.
- Ensures banquet room is properly configured for events per event plan; coordinates need for additional tables, chairs, supplies and materials.
- May assist staff in serving food and beverage and/or taking away dishes, glassware and utensils.
- If there are any complaints, retrieve a manager or supervisor immediately
- Complies with all food and beverage regulations.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; AND three (3) years of food and beverage service experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Food and beverage products, menus and promotions.
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Customer service principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Focusing on quests and provision of quality customer service.
- Serving customers efficiently and effectively.
- Maintaining appropriate inventory of supplies and materials.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Pay: from $12/hour
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time