Assistant Food &Beverage Manager Vail, CO
Responsible for the management of resort outlets and staff to ensuring successful operation of the hotel restaurant, IRD and bar service so that quality and service standards exceed guest expectations and meet financial goals.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assists the Food and Beverage Manager with the management of outlets that may include Leonora, The Lounge at Leonora, The Bar at Leonora, pool and Frost.
- Responsible for In Room Dining including Staffing, Scheduling and Training
- Assists the Food and Beverage Manager with inventory, ordering for outlets, payroll, recruiting, scheduling, and training.
- Assists with Banquets as needed.
- Maintains necessary pars on supplies.
- Assists culinary department as needed, including expediting.
- Assists in planning goals, objectives, procedures, and work standards for the department; provides input into the department’s budget.
- Ensures resort and departmental policies are followed.
- Works with Food and Beverage Manager to ensures attainment of budgeted food sales, beverage sales and labor costs; achieves maximum profitability and over-all success by controlling costs while providing quality of service.
- Works with other managers and staff to find unique and creative solutions for resolving everyday problems.
- Maintains department control and cash handling procedures.
- Processes food and beverage inquiries and ensures timely follow up on the same business day.
- Ensures thorough communication with all staff and other team members.
- Plans, organizes, administers, reviews and evaluates the work of assigned staff.
- Ensures the maintenance of bar control policies.
- Ensures that service follows resort standards and exceeds guest expectations.
- Works with the Chef, Food & Beverage Outlets Manager and Food & Beverage Supervisor to ensure all arrangements and details are dealt with.
- Ensures that staff maintains a professional attitude and proper appearance and uniform standards.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the departments service to its customers by communication, offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- Works a flexible schedule and hours that varies based upon business demands working whatever hours necessary for a timely completion of responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in hotel management, or a closely related field; AND three (3) years of food and beverage supervisor/management experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Principles and practices of employee supervision, including selection, work planning, organization, performance review and evaluation, and employee training and discipline.
- Principles and practices of developing teams, motivating employees, and managing in a team environment.
- Use of Microsoft Office.
- Use of Aloha POS, or similar POS experience.
- Office administrative practices and procedures.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Planning, organizing, supervising, reviewing, and evaluating the work of staff.
- Training others in policies and procedures related to the work.
- Providing customer service.
- Ability to give attention to detail and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
- Organizing, maintaining, and researching office files.
- Compiling and summarizing information and preparing activity reports.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives, and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.
Pay: $55,000 to $58,000/year
Job Status: Full Time