The primary purpose of this position is to support to work closely with the Managing Director of Hospitality and CEO jointly representing the company’s financial and strategic interest for a portfolio of Boutique Hotels. This position will interact closely with the hospitality team to maximize the return on investment. This position will study individual hotel performance as well as the performance of the portfolio. This position will also be involved in or lead operational enhancement programs and be heavily involved the annual operating budget process. Analysis of value added capital improvement and repositioning initiatives for individual assets may be required as needed. The Asset Manager will participate in projects as needed and provide ad hoc reporting as needed or assigned by Senior Management.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
Assist in the preparation for and participate in property monthly performance review calls/meetings as well as quarterly reviews as necessary.
- Benchmark reporting by brand to identify areas of cost savings or incremental revenue opportunities.
- Assist in the preparation for in-depth property visits and assist in the development of strategic action plans in coordination with the management team, which results in revenue, marginal profit and guest service improvements. This will require a detailed action plan and measurement process which will be used on follow-up visits.
- Maintain financial reports on a weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual basis for accurate tracking of revenues, profits, Flex/Flow, rate, occupancy, RevPAR, Quality Assurance and Guest Satisfaction for the portfolio.
- Monitor sales, revenue management and ecommerce strategies as directed to ensure optimal property performance and develop and implement plans and actions for improvement.
- Assist in the development of a comprehensive score card to rank owned assets.
- Participate in weekly revenue management strategy meetings as held by each property.
- Analyze pace and rate/strategy position reports and identify areas for improvement.
- Assist with business evaluation, comp set analysis and price positioning as necessary.
- Complete brand revenue management system training for reporting and analysis.
- Participate in monthly board meetings for each property.
- Develop and maintain trend reporting as necessary relating to revenue, market penetration or guest satisfaction scores.
- This position will interact with the properties to ensure that the Quality Assurance process and Guest Service tracking scores meet all Brand Standards and requirements and participate inaction plans as needed.
- Ensure properties are providing accurate 30, 60, 90-day revenue forecast twice monthly. Review and work with the managers to improve the deficiencies.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of factors affecting hotel markets and submarkets associated with the portfolio.
- Assist in efforts to complete due diligence as assigned for acquisitions including property site inspections, zoning, environmental, legal requirements, property capital requirements, feasibility studies, brand recommendations and conversion costs.
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of written presentations to Senior Management and or Board of Directors for final approval on Return On Investment analysis of significant projects as assigned. This may include lease tenant contracts or Food and Beverage leases for national brands, parking garage contracts, cell tower leases or retail leases to improve and maximize the assets’ current profitability.
- Stay current regarding industry trends in product development, FF&E, amenities and services, Operations and Design and Construction will contribute to the success of this position.
- Provide ad hoc reporting as required
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality/Business Management or related degree with experience
- Minimum of 3 – 4 years’ experience in hotel management, asset management, real estate development or brand management.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, and Analytical software.
- Working knowledge of and experience with hotel Revenue Management
- Knowledge of e-commerce as it relates to the lodging industry
- Knowledge of financial analysis, modeling, systems and reporting
- Ability to interpret financial information
- Possess an excellent analytical, strategic and financial acumen; with the ability to anticipate issues and aggressively drive initiatives to achieve results.
- Strong management, interpersonal, analytical, project management, presentation and verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess a mix of integrative thinking, technical skills and leadership presence, development skills
Job Status: Full Time